Concert talk: Are you middle aged and missed the Warped Tour?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
What are we talking about again? :)
adamsandler-shut.gif

• Funny
Reactions: Farnsworth

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Blink, Sum 41, Offspring, Simple Plan, Bowling for Soup, ... Awesome.

I saw Bowling for Soup a couple times at a Wichita Falls, TX bar called the Beer Garden. This was right before they broke onto the scene. One of the band members Grandpa was a civilian instructor for one of my military classes at Sheppard AFB. He told us to go check out the band and they did not disappoint. Those dudes were goofy as hell.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I'm gonna be honest, I had to bump some Yellowcard after seeing that lineup. I had forgotten all about them.

• Agree
Reactions: Farnsworth

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
All you haters can eat a bag of hot d*cks. Literally will cost you hundreds and hundreds of dollars just to see this tour.

51C03D64-0CE9-4177-9006-E5CC7AD98574.jpeg

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I'm in, but I'm going to need some time to procure a '97 Blazer, a CD burner and a Limewire account and I gotta get the crew back together to scoop the loop a few times before we go.

I was cleaning some **** out of the garage this summer and ran across my old CD case, just 100s of CD-R/RWs with my sloppy hand writing on them. Also found a 30 pack of blank CD/RWs. Those were the days. I thought we had it easy back then with Limewire/Napster/etc and burning, now kids can just stream anything they want.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I was cleaning some **** out of the garage this summer and ran across my old CD case, just 100s of CD-R/RWs with my sloppy hand writing on them. Also found a 30 pack of blank CD/RWs. Those were the days. I thought we had it easy back then with Limewire/Napster/etc and burning, now kids can just stream anything they want.
They'll never no the pain of downloading a song that has a massive error and awful sound in the middle of it that melts your ears and makes you want to throw your best friend out the car window.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
They'll never no the pain of downloading a song that has a massive error and awful sound in the middle of it that melts your ears and makes you want to throw your best friend out the car window.

There are still songs I hear on my Spotify lists where I get to a part and expect things like this and then get confused when it's smooth. Weird noses, or a short piece repeating, or an inserted line.

I specifically remember a few tracks I had that a voice shouted 'A-O-L MUSIC' in the middle of the songs.

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
First "burnt" discs I remember were late 90s.
My family was very early to connect to the web via my dad's profession.
He didn't care that I used his computer for it because he wanted CDs as well.

CycloneSarah

Aug 9, 2016
Reel Big Fish was the anthem of my childhood. I can’t believe I’ve never seen them live. If anyone has seen a Volvo blasting Turn the Radio Off around Ankeny, that’s me.
Definitely a shame you haven't seen them live! I think my count is at 7 shows. One was free at ISU for the 10,000 hours volunteer thing.

CycloneSarah

Aug 9, 2016
Just got 4 tickets to this festival! Came to CF while waiting in the virtual queue and happened to see this thread. TBD if we actually make it to Vegas but figured it couldn't hurt to do the down payment option and see what the feedback is like from this year's event.

Reactions: AgronAlum