Concert talk: Are you middle aged and missed the Warped Tour?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Just got 4 tickets to this festival! Came to CF while waiting in the virtual queue and happened to see this thread. TBD if we actually make it to Vegas but figured it couldn't hurt to do the down payment option and see what the feedback is like from this year's event.
I wouldn't make it back from Vegas if I went to this festival. I'm being 100% serious.

• Agree
Reactions: AgronAlum

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
Goldfinger is a sneaky good smaller name on there. 25 years ago, they put on quite a show. Green Day would be great as well, saw them back in '01 in KC, really good live band.
Was your Goldfinger show Dotfest II at the Ankeny Airfield? Everclear, Marcy Playground, Fastball and some wackos in red jumpsuits calling themselves Slipknot opened the whole show. That was the summer before my sophomore year of college.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Saw blink in Chicago over the weekend. They still very much have it. Would recommend. Tom pretended to give a blow job the first 15 seconds on stage. Mark looks rough, chemo took a big toll on him.

1683552669482.png

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Saw Blink in Council Bluffs. Maybe 8 years ago? I think Fallout Boy was playing too.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Saw Blink in Council Bluffs. Maybe 8 years ago? I think Fallout Boy was playing too.
Go again if you can. They are 10 times better now than they were then. They clearly have gotten over whatever was between them.

Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Go again if you can. They are 10 times better now than they were then. They clearly have gotten over whatever was between them.
Never really cared for Travis, always came off as a puke but I like their music.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Never really cared for Travis, always came off as a puke but I like their music.
Lol well now that he's married to a Kardashian, I'm sure that will help your view of him. He came out Saturday night with so many diamond chains around his neck we had a debate about how much it was all worth. He's a different cat. Can still bang the hell of the drums though.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I was kind of "meh" on it until I started seeing all the Coachella clips. Now I think I have to find a way to track down tickets.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Lol well now that he's married to a Kardashian, I'm sure that will help your view of him. He came out Saturday night with so many diamond chains around his neck we had a debate about how much it was all worth. He's a different cat. Can still bang the hell of the drums though.
Ya he's a great drummer. Just a dbag.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I saw them back in ‘03 in a tiny venue in the Twin Cities. It was when the self titled album was coming out and they were huge, but they decided to play small venues for $1 a ticket.

It was a really cool gesture, I had a blast, but if I’m being honest they weren’t a great live band.

Still a great memory

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

I listen to a lot of heavy music and TB really sticks out as an influence on modern heavy drumming specially in new metalcore and electrocore. I don’t like his schtick but a really innovative drummer for sure.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I listen to a lot of heavy music and TB really sticks out as an influence on modern heavy drumming specially in new metalcore and electrocore. I don’t like his schtick but a really innovative drummer for sure.
The hand he busted a couple of months ago was clearly still bothering him.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I saw them back in ‘03 in a tiny venue in the Twin Cities. It was when the self titled album was coming out and they were huge, but they decided to play small venues for $1 a ticket.

It was a really cool gesture, I had a blast, but if I’m being honest they weren’t a great live band.

Still a great memory
I ended up considerably closer than where the seats I paid for were at so I couldn't tell due to how loud it was if they were singing poorly outside of a few times Mark's voice was way off. He has said publicly that chemo raised hell with his voice and I think he was using autotune some which is lame but in context, the dude almost died so I think I'll give him a pass on that. I thought Tom actually sounded better than he ever has. I think I heard he'd been taking vocal lessons or something due to the rep they've always had like what your saying. But, hell, maybe he was using some autotune some too.

Reactions: Al_4_State