Coker out for Iowa vs OU in Insight Bowl

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
It's official... being a RB at Iowa is like being the drummer for Spinal Tap. Perpetually doomed.

We'll still give 'em a game.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
I only saw one Iowa game, but is it that big of loss? Imo the OL made Coker as much as Coker made the OL. Iowa must be in sadder shape than I thought if they do not have a guy that can run through a hole and fall forward for a yard or two more.

ricochet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2008
He is studying astro physics so it would be tough for me to think it was academically related. But who knows anymore.

Yep, those astro physics courses are cake, how could anyone struggle. Seriously though, I could see a kid, even though he is smart, have problems just due to the time commitments of football. If that is the case it sort of sucks that it is so hard to use a scholarship to actually get a useful education.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Re: Coker suspended for Insight Bowl

He must have done something pretty darn bad. KF is known for sweeping everything under the rug until AFTER the bowl game is over.

He must not have been able to hide this one? I'm guessing he knows it will be made public soon, so he had to be proactive in this case.

This is what I was thinking. What the heck do you have to do to violate conduct rules at Iowa? In the past the only guys that were suspended were guys that clearly screwed up, selling drugs, raping woman, stealing, etc, or were caught using roids..... KF is famous for deferring legal matters until the bowls are over....

Coker seems like a good kid and a great student, so this surprises me.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I only saw one Iowa game, but is it that big of loss? Imo the OL made Coker as much as Coker made the OL. Iowa must be in sadder shape than I thought if they do not have a guy that can run through a hole and fall forward for a yard or two more.

Coker is pretty darn good, think of Woody only faster and stronger. He is a guy that turned a lot of 2 yard gains into 4 or 5 yard gains. It doesn't sound like a lot but that allowed Iowa to have a lot of makable 3rd downs and a lot less 3 and outs.

VictoryPolka

Jan 3, 2009
IC via Ankeny

This is what I was thinking. What the heck do you have to do to violate conduct rules at Iowa? In the past the only guys that were suspended were guys that clearly screwed up, selling drugs, raping woman, stealing, etc, or were caught using roids..... KF is famous for deferring legal matters until the bowls are over....

Coker seems like a good kid and a great student, so this surprises me.

Like suspending both DJK and A-Rob before the bowl game? Interesting theory.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Re: More disciplinary trouble for the Hawks...

Already posted multiple threads.

Edit: Looks like they've been merged into In-state rivals so most people won't see them.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota

Like suspending both DJK and A-Rob before the bowl game? Interesting theory.

Or like Albert Gary's robbery and only getting a three game suspension, with further punishment pending the court decision after the bowl game?

Oh wait, that's Iowa State.

Or like Jacob Lattimer assaulting a police officer and only missing one game?

Oops, that's also Iowa State.

I could go on, but I think I made my point.

I love the posters passing judgment on Iowa, claiming KF's "lax" standards and sweeping things under the rug. If you're going to do that, make sure you're not currently residing in a glass house.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls

Or like Albert Gary's robbery and only getting a three game suspension, with further punishment pending the court decision after the bowl game?

I love the posters passing judgment on Iowa, claiming KF's "lax" standards and sweeping things under the rug. If you're going to do that, make sure you're not currently residing in a glass house.

Not to nitpick or derail what you have going here, but "assaulting a police officer" can be as little as telling the cop to "F*** off". Now, if it was battery, it'd be a different story.

theboat

Apr 7, 2010

This is what I was thinking. What the heck do you have to do to violate conduct rules at Iowa? In the past the only guys that were suspended were guys that clearly screwed up, selling drugs, raping woman, stealing, etc, or were caught using roids..... KF is famous for deferring legal matters until the bowls are over.
since he is famous for it I am sure you have an example?

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006

Do you really want to start an Iowa State player did this and only got this compared to an Iowa player did this and only got this type of battle?

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota

Not to nitpick or derail what you have going here, but "assaulting a police officer" can be as little as telling the cop to "F*** off". Now, if it was battery, it'd be a different story.

No argument, and personally, I was OK with both players' punishments.

I just think it's a little ridiculous, given ISU's recent off-field transgressions, to make comments like that.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls

No argument, and personally, I was OK with both players' punishments.

I just think it's a little ridiculous, given ISU's recent off-field transgressions, to make comments like that.

I understand. Honestly, it seems that school A will have a couple of problems, giving school B's fans some ammo. School B's fans will say a bunch of stuff, and then some players from school B will get in trouble, giving school A's fans ammo. It's a vicious cycle.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
I was assuming this was all related to a violation of a drug policy. Failing a test for a performance enhancer or drugs.

Help Support Us

Become a patron