Chris Hassell = another hawk

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
Re: Chris Hassell = another hawk dbag

I have to admit, the story didn't go as planned. The repeated kicks in the crotch were not originally going to be part of the story...and they should not have been part of the story. Some things fell through, and I made a decision to break up the events with the kick...BAD decision.

Also, the numbering of the list wasn't my call. I received input from a few others.

Keith and Andy will count down the 10 biggest Hawkeye kicks to the stones on tomorrows radio show.

Maybe you guys should remember you are doing a sportscast instead of variety show comedy routine. Save it for the Funnybone.

Clonegrad07

Jul 22, 2008
North Carolina

I've noticed something. Everytime somebody in the media says something negative about ISU, they are a "Hawkeye dbag", but when something negative is said about Iowa, they are, "spot on". Interesting.

Maybe the point is that all hawks are dbags? I would go ahead and say that is correct.

Reactions: dosry5

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown

I've noticed something. Everytime somebody in the media says something negative about ISU, they are a "Hawkeye dbag", but when something negative is said about Iowa, they are, "spot on". Interesting.

I agree, it is pretty funny to watch.

Can anyone disagree that ISU gets kicked in the stones a lot?

Clonegrad07

Jul 22, 2008
North Carolina

I agree, it is pretty funny to watch.

Can anyone disagree that ISU gets kicked in the stones a lot?

no... everyone on this board (other than the hawk trolls) have been fans and, at least in my case, in my 23 years of being on the earth, we have had a LOT... I MEAN A LOT... of kicks in the nuts... and from what I saw of the story... they picked a pretty decent list... I'm still upset about most the things on that list... although, was the Independence bowl vs. Alabama kick on there? That was a shot in the nuts too... (it was good. I refuse to believe anything else.)

cloneaholic

Apr 20, 2006

I have to admit, the story didn't go as planned. The repeated kicks in the crotch were not originally going to be part of the story...and they should not have been part of the story. Some things fell through, and I made a decision to break up the events with the kick...BAD decision.

Also, the numbering of the list wasn't my call. I received input from a few others.

Keith and Andy will count down the 10 biggest Hawkeye kicks to the stones on tomorrows radio show.

When I saw the original skit on Soundoff, I laughed a bit (it hurt, but I laughed). When I saw the skit being repeated over and over on the news last night, I turned the channel.

Showing a skit like that on Soundoff is okay because the show is all about making fun of the Cyclone and Hawkeye passion, but does a skit like that belong on the news? You've gone from reporting the news to mocking a program and the passionate fans, like me, who follow that program. That's why I turned the channel, and that's why I'll be watching channel 8.

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA

When I saw the original skit on Soundoff, I laughed a bit (it hurt, but I laughed). When I saw the skit being repeated over and over on the news last night, I turned the channel.

Showing a skit like that on Soundoff is okay because the show is all about making fun of the Cyclone and Hawkeye passion, but does a skit like that belong on the news? You've gone from reporting the news to mocking a program and the passionate fans, like me, who follow that program. That's why I turned the channel, and that's why I'll be watching channel 8.

Channel 8 has a bunch of Hawks on that channel too.

What I like about WHO is they try to have fun. Perhaps sometimes they play it out or go slightly too far, but Channel 8 is pretty boring to watch.

Try not to take it so personal when they make fun of the Cyclones. When we're doing well, they will give us our props....

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006

Hassell does do the twitter, just not very often.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA

Maybe you guys should remember you are doing a sportscast instead of variety show comedy routine. Save it for the Funnybone.

God forbid people try to inject humor into various things in your life. Some people are just so uptight that anything but delivering the news in a monotone voice is unacceptable.

And if you don't think that ISU has been kicked in the stones more often that not, you aren't a Cyclone fan. We could do a Top 100 Kick to the Stones.

abcguyks

Apr 11, 2006
Olathe

IThe Anti Pollard blame every thing possible on Pollard. My dog died... Blame Pollard. It's raining.. Blame Pollard. I got a pimple on my rear end... Blame Pollard

I suspect this may get thrown in to the cave, but if you insert "Bush" for "Pollard" you'll see something that is prevalent in today's discourse. Although I disagree, it is no surprise to me that that there are so many that think it must be Pollard's fault.

Reactions: Cyclonesrule91

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

I don't mind Hassell, but his rankings were just ridiculous...he thought it was more painful losing to UConn at home in football than losing an 8pt lead with 4:50 to go against Michigan State (where if we would've won, we would've been heavy favorites to win the whole thing)...he also thought that losing Chizik was more devastating than losing Sanderson...I'm a firm believer that it will take a couple more years to see what Chizik's recruits that were freshman or redshirted last year do before we completely judge his time at ISU...but to say losing a 5-19 coach is as devastating as losing a guy that led ISU to 3 straight Big Twelve titles, had us in the top 5 every year, as well as being the number 1 or 1a best wrestler in our school's history is ridiculous.

Losing to MSU was the most pain I've ever felt as a sports fan. Nothing else is even close. We're talking about the cusp of a freaking national championship!

Wx4Cy

May 22, 2007
West Des Moines

Yeah, have you read HN lately???

TxCycloneFan

Oct 19, 2006
Bastrop TX

Hey, you're starting to catch on. Your education is starting to pay off.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Personally, I love channel 13. I grew up watching channel 8, but that changed once I got out on my own. They have BY FAR the best sportscasters in DM and most likely, the state. They all love their job and make it a point to have fun on the show. If that's too tough for you to handle, luckily for you, there are other stations to watch.

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006

God forbid people try to inject humor into various things in your life. Some people are just so uptight that anything but delivering the news in a monotone voice is unacceptable..

I agree. It's SPORTS.

If you want more homicide, rape, child molestation, corrupt politicians, fires, murders, deaths, set your DVR for the first 15 minutes of a news report.

And now, the weather.

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona

Wow, you are a genious. You just happened to notice that over here and not on one of your howk boards?

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN

I agree. It's SPORTS.

If you want more homicide, rape, child molestation, corrupt politicians, fires, murders, deaths, set your DVR for the first 15 minutes of a news report.

And now, the weather.

For a minute there, I thought you were talking about Hawkeye football.:wink:

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Anyone catch Hassell's latest piece of reporting on this evening's 10 oclock news? Top ten times Iowa State has got kicked in the stones during the last 10 years. If I were his gooney looking hawk buddy in his little skit I wouldn't have missed though...

I believe his his "goony looking" Hawk buddy was Steve Deace. By the way, welcome to Monday afternoon.

rdubbs

Feb 12, 2009
Central Iowa
Jake Kelly's departure hurts but I think 99.9% of the Hawk fans understand why he left (I don't consider it a kick to the stones but whatever Hassel)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron