Chris Beard signs 6-year extension with Texas Tech

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I'm fine with this. He's a good coach, respectful guy and a hard worker. We beat them at their place this year and I feel like we can match up with his style of play. I don't see us or the league getting dominated by Tech year in, year out.

He has the ability, but he hasn't proven that he's going to sustain the success yet. However, if he does build a dynasty, they are still easier to like than KU.

There was a stretch there where ISU was the only team even making KU break a sweat.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Sucks that it's not us on that high of a rise but better for the conference.

Reactions: Cyfanisu

ILiftWithRoyce

Feb 6, 2012
Ankeny
I think Beard is a GREAT coach. Just like I think Lon Kruger is a great coach. Let's not forget that OU was in the Final Four just a few years ago too. Point being, I'm not sure why there is this seeming mass hysteria throughout the nation about how great Beard is and how TTU is now going to be some sort of powerhouse. They will be a solid program with flashes of eliteness, just like OU. They will have rebuilding years like OU. They will consistently be a top half of the BXII. But it's not like all the sudden they're a blue blood.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think Beard is a GREAT coach. Just like I think Lon Kruger is a great coach. Let's not forget that OU was in the Final Four just a few years ago too. Point being, I'm not sure why there is this seeming mass hysteria throughout the nation about how great Beard is and how TTU is now going to be some sort of powerhouse. They will be a solid program with flashes of eliteness, just like OU. They will have rebuilding years like OU. They will consistently be a top half of the BXII. But it's not like all the sudden they're a blue blood.
TBH, a lot of it has to do with age now. Lon's got 20 years on him.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Good for them.

I still don't hate TTU or Beard. I'd rather we were in the champ game, but any TTU fan I've met is good people. Could be my #2 B12 team if I thought about it.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Good for them.

I still don't hate TTU or Beard. I'd rather we were in the champ game, but any TTU fan I've met is good people. Could be my #2 B12 team if I thought about it.
OkState and KState for the most part are pretty similar to ISU. I root Big 8 before Big 12. Kansas ehhhhh, haha.

• Agree
Reactions: NickTheGreat

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I agree with both those. I knew some guys from Okie St who were cool. Same with K-State.

But I've started liking K-State less and less in recent years!

I'm somewhat in the same boat. Still would root for them over Baylor.
I think it's because they play somewhat Thuggins style ball. Weber stomping all over the place doesn't help.

• Agree
Reactions: NickTheGreat

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Good for him and good for Tech for setting him up.

With Tech you know what you're getting via Beard's style and people can ***** because they're not a circus act but the last two years he's done really well.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I was hoping we would become the mallet to the rest of the conference as moles.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
I wonder how long it will take the NCAA to discover that an assistant coach at Tech once bought a piece of Bazooka Joe bubblegum for a player, while simultaneously ignoring all the crap going on at Pay U in Lawrence.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think he's probably out of Arizona's future sights now.