Chris Beard signs 6-year extension with Texas Tech

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I'm fine with this. He's a good coach, respectful guy and a hard worker. We beat them at their place this year and I feel like we can match up with his style of play. I don't see us or the league getting dominated by Tech year in, year out.

He has the ability, but he hasn't proven that he's going to sustain the success yet. However, if he does build a dynasty, they are still easier to like than KU.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I'm fine with this. He's a good coach, respectful guy and a hard worker. We beat them at their place this year and I feel like we can match up with his style of play. I don't see us or the league getting dominated by Tech year in, year out.

He has the ability, but he hasn't proven that he's going to sustain the success yet. However, if he does build a dynasty, they are still easier to like than KU.

Yeah, and the alternative might be him at Texas, which would probably be worse. The Big 12 is always going to be tough, and having him in the conference raises the profile of it.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
It's weird because as a general college basketball (and non-blue-bood fan) I was excited to see this news. Then it hit me as an Iowa State fan this probably isn't in our best interest.

Goes to show I like Beard as a person and coach and I was happy for a non-traditional power to have a good thing happen to them.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
He’s a very good coach. Prohm has done very well against him.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
He's a great coach and he'll have them consistently contending for the league but I don't think he'll ever have them so good they're scary, especially with Prohm here. CSP teams are a good match up with Tech in terms of how they play. The last two years they were the better team but we split with them and in those wins, we were in control from the get go.

Beard at Tech for the time being is a decent placeholder in the league for Texas being down but I hope he's moved (or ends up there)on by the time UT can afford to kick Shaka to the curb.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
He's a great coach and he'll have them consistently contending for the league but I don't think he'll ever have them so good they're scary, especially with Prohm here. CSP teams are a good match up with Tech in terms of how they play. The last two years they were the better team but we split with them and in those wins, we were in control from the get go.

Beard at Tech for the time being is a decent placeholder in the league for Texas being down but I hope he's moved (or ends up there)on by the time UT can afford to kick Shaka to the curb.
Agree on your Texas being down and TCU could trend that way with Jamie's UCLA sniffing.