Cheick Diallo & KU - Ineligible?

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
Man, I will never understand the pathetic, whiny "ISU is always screwed, NCAA does anything for Kansas talk"....I have to believe people do it to fit in now as it has become so common...makes Cyclones fans sound like a bunch of bitchy little girls.....

Maybe it's so common, because so many people can see it. Just not you. The NCAA was based in Kansas City for may years. They have many alumni who work for it. Coincidence?

HornacekFan1414

Nov 9, 2014
Frisco, TX
Maybe it's so common, because so many people can see it. Just not you. The NCAA was based in Kansas City for may years. They have many alumni who work for it. Coincidence?

Well, let's see....we have to go ALL the way back to last year for when the NCAA last interfered with KU basketball and they sure didn't let it go...old Cliff was out for good...... Give it up, KU gets there lumps too....

Gerbs

Aug 31, 2013
Man, I will never understand the pathetic, whiny "ISU is always screwed, NCAA does anything for Kansas talk"....I have to believe people do it to fit in now as it has become so common...makes Cyclones fans sound like a bunch of bitchy little girls.....

The NCAA hates us, the Big 12 hates us, our AD is cheap, our football coach sucks, our OCoord sucks, our golden boy left us.

Oh man TwoCoach and Lakebison talk trash kill them.

Never have I been apart of a fan base that hates ourselves so much but only we are allowed to talk **** about ourselves.

buchacho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Baltimore, MD
Well, let's see....we have to go ALL the way back to last year for when the NCAA last interfered with KU basketball and they sure didn't let it go...old Cliff was out for good...... Give it up, KU gets there lumps too....

True, but didn't Cliff play pretty much the entire season? Cliff was by no means their best player last year, but not having him for conference play could have completely altered the conference race.

HornacekFan1414

Nov 9, 2014
Frisco, TX
True, but didn't Cliff play pretty much the entire season? Cliff was by no means their best player last year, but not having him for conference play could have completely altered the conference race.
Considering old man Ellis was banged up for the tourneys, I am sure KU was doing everything they could to get Alexander back...not only was he ineligible for the tournaments, but he was basically forced to go pro as he wasn't going to be eligible this year either.....shocked all those KU alums working for the NCAA couldn't flex their muscle get that overturned....

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

This

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Apples and oranges argument IMO.

Cliff's issue was family members taking sketchy loans not reviled till mid season leading to Kansas proactively holding him out. Cliff not living up to the 2 overall prospect is on him but, at least he was given the opportunity to show his ranking was incorrect.

Chieck has had his transcripts in with the NCAA for around ~6 months? They should decide one way or another regardless of the school. As an ISU fan I would prefer to see Diallo being ineligible, but either way the fact a decision is still pending is ridiculous. What else could change/learned the decision by the start of the season?

crash_zone

Apr 10, 2006
Sioux Falls, SD
And KU had to vacate the games Cliff played in, right? Since he was not eligible and all that. Pretty sure that's how it would have worked out at most other places.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
For the record, I hope he's eligible. I can't wish something like that for a kid unless it's a kid that cheats or something like that.

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014
For the record, I hope he's eligible. I can't wish something like that for a kid unless it's a kid that cheats or something like that.

My opinion: cheating=roughly synonymous with playing for ku. This is an opinion I have held since ISU got screwed at Hilton and nobody has ever given me any good reasons to change my mind.
So sue me.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Ski Labrewski or whatever his name is got cleared, wait for it.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
My opinion: cheating=roughly synonymous with playing for ku. This is an opinion I have held since ISU got screwed at Hilton and nobody has ever given me any good reasons to change my mind.
So sue me.

Why would I want to change your mind?

randomfan44

May 30, 2015

Name ONE Kansas grad with any type of relevant job in the NCAA. We'll wait...

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
And KU had to vacate the games Cliff played in, right? Since he was not eligible and all that. Pretty sure that's how it would have worked out at most other places.

All this accomplishes is highlighting your general lack of knowledge about college basketball and the rules surrounding it. A few simple google searches will lead to to the lists of different types of ncaa violations and their corresponding penalties, very few of which include vacating any wins for games in which players who were found to be guilty of a violation played in.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
So sue me.

It's hard for someone to win a lawsuit for the other having a ridiculously moronic opinion. So you keep having that opinion and the rest of us will be over here still hating Kansas but laughing at you for you outlandish comments.