Cheick Diallo & KU - Ineligible?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
You can be intelligent and do well on the SAT/ACT while still having attended a crappy school. The school doesn't determine your intelligence. Your willingness to study does.

You can also be intelligent and do poorly on the ACT/SAT.

ProhmTime

Jun 11, 2015
Again, this isn't about how well Diallo did in school. It is about what classes his high school offered to him and how they classified them. To which I fall back on my original argument which is the direct quote from the President of the NCAA: "Anybody who has ever spent time at a university, if you ask them, should an official from the NCAA walk in and say that's not a good enough class? That's a laughable proposition," Emmert said. "We never want a national association to become arbiter of (course) legitimacy." If it's not their job to determine the validity of a college class and whether it is too easy or the required grade to play is too easy to attain then why on earth is it their job to determine that in regards to a HIGH SCHOOL?!?
We get it Trollcoach, you're going to back Kansas 100% of the time. Just give it a rest. I'm sure Diallo will be eligible to play to play this year because KU gonna KU...

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
We get it Trollcoach, you're going to back Kansas 100% of the time. Just give it a rest. I'm sure Diallo will be eligible to play to play this year because KU gonna KU...

Okay he might be a KU fan, but this is a discussion about a KU player. Also, he's not wrong...

ProhmTime

Jun 11, 2015
Okay he might be a KU fan, but this is a discussion about a KU player. Also, he's not wrong...
attachment.php

Attachments

• your opinion.jpg
    your opinion.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 738

PsychicsRUs

Apr 3, 2015
The issue isn't with Diallo's scores or intelligence its with the classes (or lack thereof) he took at that high school. His ACT/SAT was good enough to get into college and he has already completed college classes. No he shouldn't be a college student but the NBAPA bargained away his rights to work in the NBA, thus we are left with the sham of 1 and dones. Also your last statement is moronic. Niang's Morris' and McKay's salaries will not be based on what they learn in college courses, thus by your logic they shouldn't be on college either.
My logic is very valid. The college courses they take affect LONG tern salary, likely not short term. Also, last time I checked, we had more than 3 players.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Except that KU has had numerous players be ruled either ineligible or partial qualifiers over the last few years. Look, I have NO CLUE whether Diallo will be ruled eligible or not and I have made no attempt to predict what they will do. Anyone who claims to know what the ncaa is doing is delirious. They don't even know. They are so inconsistent it's nauseating. I am just clarifying what the ISSUE is. The problem is with what classes the school offers, not how Diallo did in any of his classes. I am the first to call out a past or present KU player for being a moron, nothing makes me more frustrated. It's just not accurate in this case. I just take offense to someone blindly trashing some kid when in this case he doesn't deserve it. If the player in question was an ISU player and I knew the same amount about it as I do about this then I would say the same things.

Last edited:

PsychicsRUs

Apr 3, 2015
You do understand that some kids do poorly at standardized tests yet are quite intelligent?

I'd post a link but since you are so smart you can google it.
Yes, it called an outlier. "something that lies outside the main body or group that it is a part of, as a cow far from the rest of the herd, or a distant island belonging to a cluster of islands: '

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Yes, it called an outlier. "something that lies outside the main body or group that it is a part of, as a cow far from the rest of the herd, or a distant island belonging to a cluster of islands: '

We're gonna argue about standardized testing performance as it compares to IQ now? Man, basketball needs to get here SOON.

Bardman

Dec 7, 2009
Mesa, AZ

Well, I could be wrong, but I believe an outlier is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era.

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
Well, I could be wrong, but I believe an outlier is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era.

Outlier is also a statistical term referring to an observation that is distant from other observations.

CYme

Dec 6, 2011
Pella, IA
You can be intelligent and do well on the SAT/ACT while still having attended a crappy school. The school doesn't determine your intelligence. Your willingness to study does.

Can I quote this in the cave at some undisclosed point in the future?:wink:

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
My logic is very valid. The college courses they take affect LONG tern salary, likely not short term. Also, last time I checked, we had more than 3 players.

Your logic is debatable, but your writing is terrible. The validity of something is a yes/no proposition; something is either valid or it isn't. It can't be "very" valid.

mikeiastat

Feb 1, 2007
Madison, WI
i wouldn't necessarily say they're out to get isu, but

there's an old and apt adage that applies to the NCAA. And it applies to whenever one of the quote "bill payers" cheats. It goes a little something like

When they bust Kansas they're going to slap FAU so hard Kansas is going to feel the slap on the wrist.

If you don't believe there's at least some truth to that you're extremely naive.

ISU is no longer among the FIU's of the world but last I checked Kansas is still a blue blood. The NCAA will clear him because he signed on with the golden ticket of big XII basketball.