Camping out for the Iowa game

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
In all seriousness, What do we as student ticket holders have to do to get rid of cyclone alley? They ruin everything and don't deserve to get front row for every game.

especially the chick with the curls. Most annoying CAC member ever!

Cydwinder

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 9, 2010
London, UK
In all seriousness, What do we as student ticket holders have to do to get rid of cyclone alley? They ruin everything and don't deserve to get front row for every game.
I have no problem with calling the student section Cyclone Alley (it's only a name after all), but I really have a problem with the 10-15 member central committee that really serves little purpose now other than the free throw right and left distractions (which they aren't paying attention for anyway). They used to have purpose with handing out silly props and printing the alley rally, but that's all gone now. Just need to get rid of the committee and there will be no more problems in my opinion.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN

Revolution!!!!

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Hopefully to all who camp out your classwork won't be affected by this.

trust me, the fun they are having and the overall experience will far outway missing a friday's lineup of classes.

So jeally, wish we were good when I was in school. I'd bring by a bottle of something for you all or some food if I were in Ames.

edit: that and drink a few brews with everyone.

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge

Lets start a foundation to remove the annoying curly haired chick from CA at the very least. I would be willing to pay a hefty amount to never see her face on the jumbotron/tv ever again.

Last edited:

SenorCy

Aug 29, 2010
C.J.
Revolution!!!!
Make sure to bring torches and pitchforks.
DSC_7675FB1A.jpg

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Lets start a foundation to remove the annoying curly haired chick from CF at the very least. I would be willing to pay a hefty amount to never see her face on the jumbotron/tv ever again.

Waitaminute...that gal posts here? Whoizzit....Cowgirl.....you better come clean....

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I'll answer a few questions:

Definitely won't argue that we're borderline stupid, setting up the tent this morning was awful. However, we do have a generator running that is powering two space heaters in the tent so the temperature is actually reasonable. In addition, we'll have a tv in the tent tonight and a grill for some tailgating on Friday. We had the same set-up for the Michigan game and it was awesome. If you're going to the women's game tonight, stop by and say hi.

We emailed Pollard about the toilet situation and they're having porta potties brought out today.

We plan to sit in the corner by the Iowa bench, to ensure Francis stays in line.

To add, another group just joined us... you can argue this game isn't as big as the Michigan game, but there's no denying this one isn't huge as well. Plus, we all hate the Hoks.

Finally, CAC is probably the most worthless organization on campus...

When I first saw the photos of tents outside Hilton, I thought you guys were beyond stupid. But this is awesome.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I'll answer a few questions:

Definitely won't argue that we're borderline stupid, setting up the tent this morning was awful. However, we do have a generator running that is powering two space heaters in the tent so the temperature is actually reasonable. In addition, we'll have a tv in the tent tonight and a grill for some tailgating on Friday. We had the same set-up for the Michigan game and it was awesome. If you're going to the women's game tonight, stop by and say hi.

We emailed Pollard about the toilet situation and they're having porta potties brought out today.

We plan to sit in the corner by the Iowa bench, to ensure Francis stays in line.

To add, another group just joined us... you can argue this game isn't as big as the Michigan game, but there's no denying this one isn't huge as well. Plus, we all hate the Hoks.

Finally, CAC is probably the most worthless organization on campus...

Have fun and be safe in those porta potties -- look out for Hok fans!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

What would happen if you just took their seats by getting there first?

crawfy54

Dec 28, 2006
Ames, Iowa
Seriously, what DO they have to do to earn those seats? A bunch of bulls*** if you ask me.