Camping out for the Iowa game

hunt4isu

Nov 2, 2010
Group of eight of us got to Hilton at 6am this morning to get in line for the game. Only 34 hours to go. Go Cyclones!

Reactions: 1100011CS

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
Group of eight of us got to Hilton at 6am this morning to get in line for the game. Only 34 hours to go. Go Cyclones!

You guys are AWESOME! Just hope your voices are limber enough to yell all game. It's got to be tough to be out in the cold for 34 straight hours.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
There's a fine line between bravery and stupidity. You might be standing on that line.
I would say they crossed it a long time ago. It was one thing for people to camp out for Michigan where it was cold, but that was a 4:00 game and was probably a bigger deal. It was also on the weekend and they started much later. This game while it won't be as cold as yesterday is much colder and as big of a deal as it is it isn't as big as Michigan

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
Wow, that is crazy... You guys will definitely deserve the front row after this effort and if the Cyclone Alley head members try to kick you out of your spots Team Cyclone Fanatic will kick their *****.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
What I always think is crazy is sometimes, the difference between being outside in the cold for 30+ hours and maybe 5-6 hours is only a few rows at the game. i know, there is a "I'm the bigger fan" bragging rights, but sometimes the investment isn't worth payout in regards to seats, etc. :twitcy:

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I would say they crossed it a long time ago. It was one thing for people to camp out for Michigan where it was cold, but that was a 4:00 game and was probably a bigger deal. It was also on the weekend and they started much later. This game while it won't be as cold as yesterday is much colder and as big of a deal as it is it isn't as big as Michigan
How is this not as big as Michigan?

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010

HowStuffWorks "Treatment of Hypothermia"

avoid-hypothermia-4.jpg

Sharing body heat by removing your clothes and getting into the wrap with the person may also prove beneficial, except in very severe cases