Camping out for the Iowa game

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
Was planning on getting there early in the afternoon tomorrow but if you guys keep giving other students ideas I may be there bright and early :wink:.

Seriously though, I respect your fandom. My group will be joining all of you the day before the Kansas game. Be sure to post on here how many are camping out tonight. I'd like to hear an estimate so I know what row I'm looking at at a certain time of arrival.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
How is this not as big as Michigan?
Michigan Advantages
**** Vitale
Last years runner ups (NIT doesn't count)
Rashad Vaughn
Winning brought early season national exposure

Iowa Disadvantages
It happens every year

Don't get me wrong this game is a big deal but it is no where near as big of a deal as the Michigan game.

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
Was planning on getting there early in the afternoon tomorrow but if you guys keep giving other students ideas I may be there bright and early :wink:.

Seriously though, I respect your fandom. My group will be joining all of you the day before the Kansas game. Be sure to post on here how many are camping out tonight. I'd like to hear an estimate so I know what row I'm looking at at a certain time of arrival.

Love your signature photo. I assume you're one of the awesome people dressed up for the game?

I don't think I've seen many people this year dressing up in crazy outfits or suits. This saddens me. Except for Brackens who is often sporting his fantastic pink sumo gear. I also love that he routinely outraces flag guy during the under 4 minute time out. Flag guy this year needs to get in shape!;-) He barely has time to waive his flag at the end of the fight song.

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
Love your signature photo. I assume you're one of the awesome people dressed up for the game?

I don't think I've seen many people this year dressing up in crazy outfits or suits. This saddens me. Except for Brackens who is often sporting his fantastic pink sumo gear. I also love that he routinely outraces flag guy during the under 4 minute time out. Flag guy this year needs to get in shape!;-) He barely has time to waive his flag at the end of the fight song.

Yes, my group was the anchorman crew at the Kansas game last year. I was Ron. Inspiration came from the fact that I always brought that Ron Burgundy big head to games. Unfortunately, with how that game ended, all of us are reluctant to do those outfits again. That being said, my Ron big head will be making his triumphant return tomorrow.

We all have Toon Squad jerseys from Space Jam this year that we'll be bringing out once Big-12 play starts, but they aren't nearly as elaborate as our Anchorman stuff was.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
So, do you guys actually get the front row? Or the second row behind the CAC?

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
Yes, my group was the anchorman crew at the Kansas game last year. I was Ron. Inspiration came from the fact that I always brought that Ron Burgundy big head to games. Unfortunately, with how that game ended, all of us are reluctant to do those outfits again. That being said, my Ron big head will be making his triumphant return tomorrow.

We all have Toon Squad jerseys from Space Jam this year that we'll be bringing out once Big-12 play starts, but they aren't nearly as elaborate as our Anchorman stuff was.

Love your work.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
So, do you guys actually get the front row? Or the second row behind the CAC?

Seriously, I want to know where you guys sit so that I can proudly point you out during the game as the hardest core Cyclone fans.

hunt4isu

Nov 2, 2010
I'll answer a few questions:

Definitely won't argue that we're borderline stupid, setting up the tent this morning was awful. However, we do have a generator running that is powering two space heaters in the tent so the temperature is actually reasonable. In addition, we'll have a tv in the tent tonight and a grill for some tailgating on Friday. We had the same set-up for the Michigan game and it was awesome. If you're going to the women's game tonight, stop by and say hi.

We emailed Pollard about the toilet situation and they're having porta potties brought out today.

We plan to sit in the corner by the Iowa bench, to ensure Francis stays in line.

To add, another group just joined us... you can argue this game isn't as big as the Michigan game, but there's no denying this one isn't huge as well. Plus, we all hate the Hoks.

Finally, CAC is probably the most worthless organization on campus...

Reactions: CyFan61 and isufan

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I'll answer a few questions:

Definitely won't argue that we're borderline stupid, setting up the tent this morning was awful. However, we do have a generator running that is powering two space heaters in the tent so the temperature is actually reasonable. In addition, we'll have a tv in the tent tonight and a grill for some tailgating on Friday. We had the same set-up for the Michigan game and it was awesome. If you're going to the women's game tonight, stop by and say hi.

We emailed Pollard about the toilet situation and they're having porta potties brought out today.

We plan to sit in the corner by the Iowa bench, to ensure Francis stays in line.

To add, another group just joined us... you can argue this game isn't as big as the Michigan game, but there's no denying this one isn't huge as well. Plus, we all hate the Hoks.

Finally, CAC is probably the most worthless organization on campus...

You guys are incredible. And you got results from an email to JP!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron