Buying "panties" on eBay

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Let me start by saying I AM NOT buying panties on eBay:smile:...

What I do want to know is what is the oddest thing you've bought on eBay and what is the weirdest thing you've seen on eBay? I just did some searching on things and saw a link for Victoria Secrets bras, thongs and panties. Surprisingly you can find nearly 29,000 clothing items from VS along - does that not sound gross to anybody else? What if they've been tried on? EWWW!

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
I probably shouldn't answer this more than by saying, don't ebay when you get home from the bar. Seriously.

On a totally unrelated note, anyone in the market for 24 My Little Ponies?

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I probably shouldn't answer this more than by saying, don't ebay when you get home from the bar. Seriously.

HAHA, that's classic :biglaugh:

I guess the weirdest thing I have purchased is a gorilla costume.

CY ST8T

Mar 23, 2006
My wife wanted a coach purse and years ago I thought it would be cool to buy one on ebay. Needless to say it wasn't a good experience when this used crappy purse showed up and my wife and mom just looked at me like I had mental issues. It was not fun!!! So guys don't buy purses as gifts on ebay! Or don't buy them period for a woman.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Lets see, that coach purse for $49.99 is a fake?

How much did you pay for it?

CY ST8T

Mar 23, 2006
Like $15 and I had no clue what a coach purse went for. Once she graduated from college and bought herself a graduation present with her first coach I got to know the price very well

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
Anything "NWT" (new with tags) is generally OK to buy. A lot of times, these things are closeout or discontinued items that get picked up by a wholesaler. Otherwise, just be sure there are good pictures of it, and that used is "ok".

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
Not that I have, but under garmets don't seem that unusual to buy. Ebay has turned into a retail store of its own. With all the "Buy it Now" options, it really isn't auctioning anymore huh. V.S. themselves could put up bras to sell if the choose.

Actually whats more disturbing is going to garage sales and see that stuff!

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL

I know one guy that bought while drunk and then didn't pay and just emailed the guy saying he was drunk when he bid. The vendor wasn't too happy I think...

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
We got a big laugh when ebay went through the period of the 'pretend' girlfriend before shutting them down.

What was REALLY funny is that there were guys bidding for them.

Last edited:

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
My wife wanted a coach purse and years ago I thought it would be cool to buy one on ebay. Needless to say it wasn't a good experience when this used crappy purse showed up and my wife and mom just looked at me like I had mental issues. It was not fun!!! So guys don't buy purses as gifts on ebay! Or don't buy them period for a woman.

Coach outlet in Williamsburg. Best bet for price and to make sure it is authentic.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
I don't understand purses. Pants have pockets for a reason.

Anyway, I haven't bought anything off of eBay, but the last time I bought a textbook online, the description of the one I bought had this little gem: "This book has been SIGNED by it's current owner" I couldn't stop laughing, so I decided that was the one for me.

SlyCy

Apr 17, 2006
North Liberty, Iowa
I bought used nose hair trimmers and had them delivered it do a family member that needed to use them, as a gag of course...sort of. It appears that she must have used them.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
You can find huge lots of toilet paper for sale and various novelty dispensers or rolls with different faces on them.