Buying "panties" on eBay

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
I don't understand purses. Pants have pockets for a reason.

Anyway, I haven't bought anything off of eBay, but the last time I bought a textbook online, the description of the one I bought had this little gem: "This book has been SIGNED by it's current owner" I couldn't stop laughing, so I decided that was the one for me.

Most of the women I know would need clown pants to hold all the crap they carry around in their purses if they were to use the pockets instead.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Most of the women I know would need clown pants to hold all the crap they carry around in their purses if they were to use the pockets instead.

The husband is getting me another Coach purse and wallet for Christmas (not from eBay). I know spending that much on a wallet would seem insane to a guy, but we abuse our purses as women! I throw everything in there, carry stuff for whoever I'm with, use it every single day, and it has to stand up to sitting on the floor or wherever. It's like getting a good pair of shoes - there's more than a little vanity involved, but it's also an issue of what's going to endure.

Last edited:

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
i bought an authentic steve atwater broncos jersey with the 75th aniversary logo stitched on the front for 50 bucks with the tags-mitchell & ness-those things retail for like 300 bucks. if it is fake, they did one hell of a job with it.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
The husband is getting me another Coach purse and wallet for Christmas (not from eBay). I know spending that much on a wallet would seem insane to a guy, but we abuse our purses as women! I throw everything in there, carry stuff for whoever I'm with, use it every single day, and it has to stand up to sitting on the floor or wherever. It's like getting a good pair of shoes - there's more than a little vanity involved, but it's also an issue of what's going to endure.

I think he should just get you a military grade rucksack instead :yes:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
How come we have no pics of all these biddable items? The pic police at work?

Panties? At first I thought the title was Parties.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
I just about bought a truck on ebay but I couldn't get the guy to answer my questions in email. Then going through the pictures I seen a dealership sign and phone number on one of the pictures. I called the number and told the guy there was a truck on ebay that had his sign in the background so I was calling to ask if he knew what or whose pickup it was. He looked at it and told me it was a truck he sold the year prior to someone in eastern Iowa and the pictures on the site were his actual pictures including the one with the VIN number. He called and the ebay add was gone in 20 minutes.

Then the next day I got a email invoice for that truck and for another sports car that I somehow bought. The invoices ended up fake so it wasn't that big of a deal, but I will NEVER buy a vehicle on that joint that is for sure.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
I get sports tix all the time on ebay.
Also have never bought any under armor or related "sport" clothing in stores. You can buy the defective stuff on ebay, ie. missing tags, different size than what is on the label. Everything still totally wearable and usually new. I get quite a bit there.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
I just about bought a truck on ebay but I couldn't get the guy to answer my questions in email. Then going through the pictures I seen a dealership sign and phone number on one of the pictures. I called the number and told the guy there was a truck on ebay that had his sign in the background so I was calling to ask if he knew what or whose pickup it was. He looked at it and told me it was a truck he sold the year prior to someone in eastern Iowa and the pictures on the site were his actual pictures including the one with the VIN number. He called and the ebay add was gone in 20 minutes.

Then the next day I got a email invoice for that truck and for another sports car that I somehow bought. The invoices ended up fake so it wasn't that big of a deal, but I will NEVER buy a vehicle on that joint that is for sure.

I bought my van on e-bay, and I got my other "parts" van via craigslist. You just have to be careful, but it's not all that scary.

Also, for Angie, I found this article today: Average woman's handbag now weighs same as five bags of sugar | the Daily Mail

CloneFan65

Apr 11, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
The weirdest things I've bought on ebay are 30-year-old Australian cereal toys.

The weirdest thing I've seen up for bid on ebay: During the World Series a woman was accepting bids to take her to one of the games in Boston. But she didn't have tickets. You had to supply the tickets to the game and pay her to come with you. I think they eventually removed it since it was awfully close to paying for a "date".

Jetta

Oct 24, 2007
I've seen a haunted cabinet. And a can of "magical space gas." Of course, you couldn't open the can of magical gas or it would ruin the magic. The haunted cabinet actually had bids on it though.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I bought my van on e-bay, and I got my other "parts" van via craigslist. You just have to be careful, but it's not all that scary.

Also, for Angie, I found this article today: Average woman's handbag now weighs same as five bags of sugar | the Daily Mail

Dang! Yeah, that's about right, too - I would guess my purse generally weighs between 5 and 7 lbs., depending on if I've cleaned it out lately or not. You tend to forget the heavy stuff that settles on the bottom...

I have a friend who got his motorcycle on eBay, and it worked out pretty well - I guess some car dealerships put stuff up on there? I wasn't sure about his decision to get a helmet on there, though - I don't think they have Carfax for helmets.

Jetta

Oct 24, 2007
Well, I don't know but right now a spirit inhabited plastic doll named "Tyler" can be yours for the buy it now price of $49.95.

Remember that special someone this Christmas.

Wx4Cy

May 22, 2007
West Des Moines
My wife wanted a coach purse and years ago I thought it would be cool to buy one on ebay. Needless to say it wasn't a good experience when this used crappy purse showed up and my wife and mom just looked at me like I had mental issues. It was not fun!!! So guys don't buy purses as gifts on ebay! Or don't buy them period for a woman.

Mine has two. She loves them dearly and wants more. That said, she picked them out and they came from the Coach store.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
If Tyler was not haunted, he would be selling for $9.95. Then shipping would have to be $40.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Mine has two. She loves them dearly and wants more. That said, she picked them out and they came from the Coach store.

I feel fairly confident saying this for most women... please always ask before getting us a purse (as shown here). We used to get our mom a purse for Mother's Day every year, and I realize now how much that probably sucked for her. For Christmas, the husband took me into the Coach store, had me point at a few, and then bought one of them. It's still a surprise, but it's one that he knows will end well.

trueclone2

May 18, 2007
Ames
I have purchased a car on ebay and have enjoyed it would do again.

As for unusual I was in volved in a conversation took place at work a coulple of years back about how you could find anything on ebay so a person said what about belly button lint. And after a quick search sure enough there it was. It was listed as a fine collection and the college student needed/wanted beer money. He had pictures of it in a plastic bag ready to be shipped.

isuchicago

Apr 11, 2006
probably the coat worn in the movie "13th floor".. pretty obscure movie, so it wasnt too much.. I like to get a case of beer, put on the coat and throw in the dvd.. its like im in the movie

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown

Yep, same boat here, MrsBrianHos has 2 of those damn purses. They are the same purse just a different color. I don't get it. But they are the real deal, I bought them for her at the younkers goodwill sale. But she is worth it I guess. She never complains when I buy new electronics.