Bubu Palo to play against the Wolves

LivntheCyLife

Nov 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
Based on some of this logic, there are a lot of college athletes that should to be dismissed from their teams....

If that's what it takes, then I say good. The college athlete rape stories I've read typically involve at least one of these features: multiple males or some random room/location. I think those two components can be avoided without people having to sacrifice much. Do you think that is too much of a sacrifice to ask of college students?

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
If that's what it takes, then I say good. The college athlete rape stories I've read typically involve at least one of these features: multiple males or some random room/location. I think those two components can be avoided without people having to sacrifice much. Do you think that is too much of a sacrifice to ask of college students?

Bro. You haven't lived till you have humped in the Lost and Found bathroom.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Watching hypocrites jump to Bubu's defense is one of my favorite activities on this site.

Kid pulls the same **** while wearing a Baylor jersey and you people would be looking to throw him to the damn wolves.

Have you read the details of the Baylor rapes? They are nowhere near this. Find me a Baylor case where it was later forensically proven that evidence was tampered with and I'll agree with you.

You are not comparing similar situations at all. If the level of analysis for you stops and ends at "he was charged with rape" I can't help you.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Watching hypocrites jump to Bubu's defense is one of my favorite activities on this site.

Kid pulls the same **** while wearing a Baylor jersey and you people would be looking to throw him to the damn wolves.

Let me explain. At any University you should suspend the kid, Get to the bottom of the story, and then make the punishment. At Baylor they just said "Ahh Screw it, you are starting Saturday, we don't care what you did to her". At Iowa State, They kicked him off the team, the Law said he did nothing wrong and the girl was not telling the truth, and we still kept him off the team. See the difference between Baylor and Iowa State?

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
So what does it take to make you innocent? By this logic, anyone ever charged with a crime would never again be innocent. Even if you go through a full jury trial, you would at best have a not guilty verdict.
Innocence is when you haven't done something. Not when you've done something and gotten away with it.

Again, is the guy driving at .2 guilty of drunk driving even if he doesn't get pulled over? Yep.

If he does get pulled over and let off the hook because there wasn't reasonable cause to pull him over? Still guilty of drunk driving...just getting off on a technicality.

If a guy hasn't drank, gets pulled over and tested with no BAC? He's innocent.

The first and second, whether a court says so or not, are guilty of what they did. The third did nothing wrong. He's innocent.

The only person who knows if Bubu is innocent or guilty just so happens to be Bubu. I suppose his scumbag friend could know as well.

• Dislike
Reactions: crawfy54

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Have you read the details of the Baylor rapes? They are nowhere near this. Find me a Baylor case where it was later forensically proven that evidence was tampered with and I'll agree with you.

You are not comparing similar situations at all. If the level of analysis for you stops and ends at "he was charged with rape" I can't help you.

Have you read the details of the Bubu case? I doubt that anything that happened in those Baylor cases was that much worse than what happened in the Palo case. I think the primary differentiator at Baylor is the sheer number of cases and the lack of anything being done about it.

The three went upstairs and, according to the records, "[Palo's friend] then had sex with [the plaintiff] against her will. She did not consent to this sex and she expressed her will to [Palo's friend]. She also became traumatized and was in shock because of the rape."

Palo's friend left the room, after which Palo entered and had sex with the plaintiff. Priester found that while there was no verbal consent, the plaintiff did not display a lack of consent.

http://www.iowastatedaily.com/news/article_cb565986-3f7e-11e4-aa73-731dc303d9f2.html

Last edited:

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Have you read the details of the Bubu case? I doubt that anything that happened in those Baylor cases was that much worse than what happened in the Palo case. I think the primary differentiator at Baylor is the sheer number of cases and the lack of anything being done about it.

http://www.iowastatedaily.com/news/article_cb565986-3f7e-11e4-aa73-731dc303d9f2.html

Interesting where you chose to cut off that article. Here's what immediately follows your text:

From texts earlier that evening, coupled with their prior casual encounters, from an objective review of the situation, this was just another 'hook up,'" Priester wrote.

Priester also wrote that the texts from the next morning confirmed his ruling of events, as Palo discussed the matter with her and expressed regret over any miscommunication, while the friend refused to talk about the matter.

Also, you completely leave out the part about it being forensically proven that she tampered with evidence.

Listen, I don't feel like rehashing this whole thing. It's a bad deal for everyone involved.

As I've stated before, if someone has a reported Baylor case where an ALJ found the player had not violated the Code of Conduct, where the County Attorney finds that the player had violated no laws, and where it was subsequently determined that evidence was tampered with, I'd be more than willing to look at it. Until then, don't try to compare this to that.

• Informative
  • Winner
Reactions: ComCY and cyhiphopp

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Taking anything legal out of my own post in regards to Bubu...Does anyone else remember how he completely outplayed Andre Drummond in the NCAA tournament game when we beat UCONN back in 2012? That was pretty cool...

Reactions: ISUMojoMan

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
1472310916074.jpg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron