BayLLLLLLLLor Now 0-8

ViktorLuzor

May 1, 2016
New Ames, Iowaland
Honest question here, assuming the guys on the team are clean, and the coaching staff is mostly clean, is the hate based on past players?

It's not like some guys asked for forgiveness and are still playing, or is it?

Imagine a skill player here doing terrible things. Then imagine all the other guys who had nothing to do with it. Why would we want them to perish?

No, I don't want the current Baylor players to be punished for the crimes of their predecessors. I know it has to suck for the players to have their record now.

In my opinion, the over-the-top fan culture helped keep the assaults covered up. Losing like Baylor is now is an appropriate punishment for the "blame the victim" fans who are angry about the crisis for the wrong reasons--angry because Briles got fired and so on. Fans like that are blinded by the game. They need help. Losing can help those people a lot because it humbles them and shuts them up a little. Felt the same way about Penn State.

Last edited:

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
No, I don't want the current Baylor players to be punished for the crimes of their predecessors. I know it has to suck for the players to have their record now.

In my opinion, the over-the-top fan culture helped keep the assaults covered up. Losing like Baylor is now is an appropriate punishment for the "blame the victim" fans who are angry about the crisis for the wrong reasons--angry because Briles got fired and so on. Fans like that are blinded by the game. They need help. Losing can help those people a lo because it humbles them and shuts them up a little. Felt the same way about Penn State.

I feel bad for the guys that put in years at BU, kept their head down, and worked hard, and they get this record through no fault of theirs. It's a crappy way to go out.

But after reading their board, yeah, I want those fans knocked down a peg.

TykeClone

Burgermeister!
Oct 18, 2006
Honest question here, assuming the guys on the team are clean, and the coaching staff is mostly clean, is the hate based on past players?

Imagine a skill player here doing terrible things. Then imagine all the other guys who had nothing to do with it. Why would we want them to perish?

Their athletic department and administration facilitated rape. How is the above even a question?

Reactions: keepngoal

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin

I don't really care all that much about the current players, though I agree with Pride that probably at least some of them knew something was going on. I want the team to lose because I don't like their fans; the players are just collateral damage. Plus, if the big 12 ever ends, we want as many teams as possible to be worse than we are.

But I also don't really feel bad for players because they have options. If they want to, they can always transfer.

TykeClone

Burgermeister!
Oct 18, 2006
Did you read the question? I was asking about the guys on the team who had nothing to do with anything.

They knowingly chose to go to a school that enabled rape. I don't buy into the "don't punish the new kids" theory - for them or Pedo state.

The athletic department and administrations at both schools did their best to deny protection to vulnerable classes (kids and women) and turned their backs on them when they found out what was going on; they actively covered it up.

As long as there is a single administrator or AD employee left at either school that was there (and therefore complicit in covering up the rapes), I wish their teams nothing but ill will and bad luck.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA

I don't hate on their current players, I'm sure it sucks for them to be constantly losing.

However, their fans that consistently ridiculed those of us who suggested that there was no way BU could rise up the way they did without shady dealings going on behind the scenes are the ones I want to see suffer.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I'd love for Baylor to go 0-12, but after the Kansas game yesterday, I don't see how Baylor loses that game. I didn't see the Baylor game, but Kansas is just bad and I don't think Baylor is that bad

• Agree
Reactions: MeanDean

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Sure, the current players had nothing to do with the sins of past teams, but if you have multiple offers, why would you want to sign up with a program with the reputation that it now has?

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
Sure, the current players had nothing to do with the sins of past teams, but if you have multiple offers, why would you want to sign up with a program with the reputation that it now has?
I agree, but players did sign up with the Baylor basketball team after it had issues.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
We need to have some bottom feeders that are not us. Since the Big 10 has like 20 teams you have a bunch that are going to suck and they are going to end up on the schedule. For a while we had only two and one of them was us. We need more suck! Add some more bad teams, expand!

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
magine a skill player here doing terrible things. Then imagine all the other guys who had nothing to do with it. Why would we want them to perish?

It is tough on the players that are there for the right reason and there are probably a few. If not involved they knew about it (they could transfer) The bigger issue is the new players chose to go there. therefore they're results will be based on the past evils.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Unbelievable comeback by the "sucks to BU" Bears - but ultimately it wasn't quite enough. That Brewer kid (back-up QB) looked pretty good - I wonder if he will be the starter going forward? I know it's a ways away, but this game is making me a little more nervous than it did early in the season.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Unbelievable comeback by the "sucks to BU" Bears - but ultimately it wasn't quite enough. That Brewer kid (back-up QB) looked pretty good - I wonder if he will be the starter going forward? I know it's a ways away, but this game is making me a little more nervous than it did early in the season.

Yeah, they didn't look bad against OU either. They came back in that one as well. And we'll be there on their senior night.

A game we're going to want to step on their neck and keep the boot firmly in place.