BayLLLLLLLLor Now 0-8

ExCyment

Jan 8, 2013
Crescent, IA
It's quotes like this why Baylor deserves numerous years of misery. **** Baylor!

"Rhule wants any remnants of the old regime out so he can bring in his choir boys. Why do you think he has emphasized the number of freshman that he has playing this year?

All I can offer Coach Rhule at this point is "be careful what you wish for. It just might come true."

What exactly is wrong with this quote? I'm confused.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I won't visit... can you share highlights?
"Reality is that Art Briles won his last 4 games against much better KSU teams than this one, and he'd have won yesterday even with coach preacher kid's roster. Reality is that coach PK lost to Liberty. Reality is that coach PK has no offensive identity."

"Dammit WAC. We should not be drinking on a school night. Bottom line is, Little Matty is going to get four years. Deja vu all over again of the Kevin Steele regime. I am just not convinced Rhule will be able to surpass Steele in Big XII wins. We shall see. We do have spectacular Equestrian and Tumbling teams. Enjoy."

Last edited:

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
They are being very harsh on the guy charged with cleaning up Art's messy legacy. I don't get it. But like Ku hoops' fans today, it's easy to gloss over the obvious when winning is all that matters.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...on-details-his-long-struggle-with-drug-abuse/
If you don't want to read, the point is Baylor covered up his drug use. Shocker...

LOL, you beat me to it. Here's the relevant section from the posted link -

He said at Baylor, in particular, he got away with whatever he wanted to do: A Baylor coach actually gave him a substance he could drink before taking drug tests designed to mask the presence of drugs in his system.

“I’ve been enabled most of my life,” Gordon said. “I’ve been enabled by coaches, teachers, professors, everybody, pretty much, gave me a second chance because of my ability. Not too long after I got arrested for possession of marijuana at Baylor, one of my coaches came by saying, ‘You are going to get drug tested by the compliance office. This is how it’s going to work, this is what they are going to do. If they do call you in, here goes these bottles of detox.’ He showed me how to drink them, showed me how to take them. That was my first experience with getting over on the system and the authority not really being serious because it was being guided by someone who was employed by the university.”

I'm not suggesting that stuff like this doesn't happen anywhere else, but it's yet another layer of grime on a filthy program.

TykeClone

Burgermeister!
Oct 18, 2006
I'm not suggesting that stuff like this doesn't happen anywhere else, but it's yet another layer of grime on a filthy program.

does anything surprise you? they covered up rapes and murders for their athletic department, what would make a drug test any different?

• Agree
Reactions: keepngoal

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
LOL, you beat me to it. Here's the relevant section from the posted link -

He said at Baylor, in particular, he got away with whatever he wanted to do: A Baylor coach actually gave him a substance he could drink before taking drug tests designed to mask the presence of drugs in his system.

“I’ve been enabled most of my life,” Gordon said. “I’ve been enabled by coaches, teachers, professors, everybody, pretty much, gave me a second chance because of my ability. Not too long after I got arrested for possession of marijuana at Baylor, one of my coaches came by saying, ‘You are going to get drug tested by the compliance office. This is how it’s going to work, this is what they are going to do. If they do call you in, here goes these bottles of detox.’ He showed me how to drink them, showed me how to take them. That was my first experience with getting over on the system and the authority not really being serious because it was being guided by someone who was employed by the university.”

If folks haven't yet watched the Showtime documentary "Disgraced", take a couple of hours and do so. Then come back and re-read this, and then go read the sexual-assault allegations involving Baylor. The university, the city, and the county in which BU resides are all built to cover up this stuff. They all rely exclusively on Baylor Athletics for their respective revenue and will do anything needed to increase exposure and cover up allegations and wrong-doing. It's a completely broken system.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: helechopper

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
The best part is the Baylor fan comments...

Some comments that stick out:

#1... How sad is it that a coach has to qualify Baylor players leaving the team with "It’s important to note that this is nothing criminal...". Woof.

But then the stellar fans of a Christian university say things like this:

"...Rhule hasn't done a single thing but talk, make excuses, attend church, and..." (so church is a bad thing now at BU?)

"Last year wasn't the year where we were most affected by the craziness of the regents and firing of their sacrificial lamb." (Briles was a sac lamb? Is that better/worse than a martyr?)

"Hope it won't cost us any victories..." (cuz #priorities)

"...will he be able to replace the fans that he is aleniating?" (but never mind the students who were raped, right?)

• Informative
Reactions: ViktorLuzor

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Honest question here, assuming the guys on the team are clean, and the coaching staff is mostly clean, is the hate based on past players?

It's not like some guys asked for forgiveness and are still playing, or is it?

Imagine a skill player here doing terrible things. Then imagine all the other guys who had nothing to do with it. Why would we want them to perish?