Bates to Ohio U.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but Walters just said that Bates is going to Ohio University, where Solich coaches.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Good fit... I thought his goal was to make it to the NFL?? Good job. Maybe he realized he would be best as an option QB and he should give up on being an NFL QB.

Sorry... Gotta add.... He's still a Chizik.. Or.... Is Chizik a Bates?? Either way..

You can figure out the definition...

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Still has to sit out a year, right?

Anyways, good luck to him.

22 your going soft on this one buddy... Why not good luck to Gene Chizik???

Both left the same way more or less.... I've seen your opinion on both, don't start floppin like a Drake point guard on this.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Partially, I was being facetious.

The other part, Gene lied to many, many people. Who knows, perhaps he promised something to Bates and had no intent on living up to it.

Many players still really like Bates. Not many are really lovin' Chizik.

Still pissed at him for quitting midseason. Still not loving the guy. Just a bit more understanding now that other things have played out.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Partially, I was being facetious.

The other part, Gene lied to many, many people. Who knows, perhaps he promised something to Bates and had no intent on living up to it.

Many players still really like Bates. Not many are really lovin' Chizik.

You forgot the sarcasm pirate... Damn you...

We were rough on Bates for leaving... Players may love him and what not, but remember he had to have daddy speak for him and he couldn't speak up in the spot light until days later.

Kinda seems exactly like the Chizik situation... Too chickin **** to tell the truth and he hid behind others.

j4state

May 21, 2006
Visit site
Kinda seems exactly like the Chizik situation... Too chickin **** to tell the truth and he hid behind others.

I personally hope he does well at Ohio. He didn't have a clear shot to be "the guy" here and some kids want that. There certainly would have been some unused talent if he wouldn't have started a game in his career at ISU.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I personally hope he does well at Ohio. He didn't have a clear shot to be "the guy" here and some kids want that. There certainly would have been some unused talent if he wouldn't have started a game in his career at ISU.

Didn't have a clear shot???? or why can't we just say he was beaten out by Austen??

j4state

May 21, 2006
Visit site
Didn't have a clear shot???? or why can't we just say he was beaten out by Austen??

I get that. It was clear that he would have to be significantly better than AA to pass him and even he knew that wasn't happening. We were thin at QB for the 2nd half of the season but made it through. Both parties are better off in the end.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
I get that. It was clear that he would have to be significantly better than AA to pass him and even he knew that wasn't happening. We were thin at QB for the 2nd half of the season but made it through. Both parties are better off in the end.
Sorry but we would be better off with him here.