BASKETBALL RECRUITING: Trent Lockett to transfer from ASU

Status
Not open for further replies.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
The suspense is killing me. I want to know exactly what our roster will look like for next year. Of course it starts with Royce, and then, are we getting Pelle? Lockett? Who on our team is transferring out? What will the rotation look like? I suppose this won't play out for a few weeks though.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
So, if Law and McBeth are walkons (I think) then...obviously a few of our guys are xferring? How many scholarships do we have total?

hiwhatis

Mar 25, 2006
Ames, IA
The suspense is killing me. I want to know exactly what our roster will look like for next year. Of course it starts with Royce, and then, are we getting Pelle? Lockett? Who on our team is transferring out? What will the rotation look like? I suppose this won't play out for a few weeks though.

I would guess this aspect will take more than a few weeks to resolve. Lol I can't wait to see how this all develops but it's crazy to me how much next year is already being anticipated. Who would've thought that next year could match the amount of hype and excitement this year brought. And honestly who could've seen this program be in this good of shape this soon? Major props to Fred once again :smile:

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007

Ya, it's killing all of us. Hence the 12 different Royce "Stay or Go?" threads, 4 Pelle threads, and this thread that reached 5 pages within an hour.

Unfortunately for us (but good for the P&L of CF), this will probably take weeks or months to work itself out.

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
It would take 2 to transfer to keep Royce and 1 additional (Pelle or Lockett) including the incoming recruits...

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Scholarships are the question. You only get 13. And as of now:

1. Korie Lucious
2. Naz Long
3. Bubu Palo
4. Chris Babb
5. Sherron Dorsey-Walker
6. Will Clyburn
7. Melvin Ejim
8. Nkereuwem Okoro
9. Royce White
10. Georges Niang
11. Percy Gibson
12. Anthony Booker
13. Tyrus McGee
14. Tavon Sledge
15. Jordan Railey
?? Norvel Pelle
?? Trent Lockett

We are already two over. People are assuming that Railey and Sledge are probably going, but that still puts us at capacity. Now toss in Norvel Pelle and we are over again. I hate to say it, but maybe Royce White frees up a schollie? If we take Pelle, we would still be full. So someone else would have to go off scholarship to make room for Lockett. Totally hypothetical but would Bubu be willing to go back off scholarship? If not we would have a problem. Good problem to have though.

Last edited:

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
Ya, it's killing all of us. Hence the 12 different Royce "Stay or Go?" threads, 4 Pelle threads, and this thread that reached 5 pages within an hour.

Unfortunately for us (but good for the P&L of CF), this will probably take weeks or months to work itself out.

But we will continue to speculate even after it is all sorted out. Cuz that's what we do

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

1. Korie Lucious
2. Naz Long
3. Bubo Palo
4. Chris Babb
5. Sherron Dorsey-Walker
6. Will Clyburn
7. Melvin Ejim
8. Nkereuwem Okoro
9. Royce White
10. Georges Niang
11. Percy Gibson
12. Anthony Booker
13. Tyrus McGee
14. Tavon Sledge
15. Jordan Railey

We are already two over. People are assuming that Railey and Sledge are probably going, but that still puts us at capacity. Now toss in Norvel Pelle and we are over again. I hate to say it, but maybe Royce White frees up a schollie? If we take Pelle, we would still be full. So someone else would have to go off scholarship to make room for Lockett. Totally hypothetical but would Bubo be willing to go back off scholarship? If not we would have a problem. Good problem to have though.

The plan is for Bubu to go off scholarship.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

I think it'll all be sorted out by the first couple days of April.
Pelle needs to make arrangements to be somewhere.
Royce has a deadline. Granted, that deadline is the 10th, but I imagine he'll make his decision known before that.

Just got to make it through the next couple of weeks.

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa

Just wait til the people waking up in the morning see this... It will be to freaking 10 pages by the time Im off work at 3:30....

Alot of enthusiasm for next years basketball team indeed...

K

KFitzy87

1. Korie Lucious
2. Naz Long
3. Bubu Palo
4. Chris Babb
5. Sherron Dorsey-Walker
6. Will Clyburn
7. Melvin Ejim
8. Nkereuwem Okoro
9. Royce White
10. Georges Niang
11. Percy Gibson
12. Anthony Booker
13. Tyrus McGee
14. Tavon Sledge
15. Jordan Railey

We are already two over. People are assuming that Railey and Sledge are probably going, but that still puts us at capacity. Now toss in Norvel Pelle and we are over again. I hate to say it, but maybe Royce White frees up a schollie? If we take Pelle, we would still be full. So someone else would have to go off scholarship to make room for Lockett. Totally hypothetical but would Bubu be willing to go back off scholarship? If not we would have a problem. Good problem to have though.

Bubu's scholarship was only for this semester... He will be a walk on again next year, not on a scholly I think...

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Something tells me Pelle won't be coming here, but who knows. I just think he'll end up on the west coast. Will Bubu still be on scholarship? If we land Lockett, then maybe only ONE guy is gone. I'd have to think it's Railey but who knows.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
Bubus scholly was and always was just for this year. He is not giving it up or having it taken away.

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
I will say that Chris will think we are taking this Lockett talk a little too far too soon... He just mentioned he is transferring and possibly looking to play closer to home and that TJ recruited him initially out of high school....

Alot of work needs to be done not too mention is our coaches even interested???

Lots and lots of far fetched speculation right now for sure...

I know I have done some speculation as well but it is a lot like the Pelle thread when Chris mentioned he was visiting...

Just looking our for you guys feelings if something wasn't able to work out for some reason!!!!

Last edited:

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
Speculation drives this board. The whole over scholly thing puts us in a tizzy if a recruit even mentions isu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron