BASKETBALL RECRUITING: Trent Lockett to transfer from ASU

Status
Not open for further replies.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Bubu is the best walk-on in the nation.

Bubus scholly was and always was just for this year. He is not giving it up or having it taken away.

Dragging this up from a few pages ago, but I have to add my appreciation for what Bubu has done for us as well. Adding his contributions without affecting the "salary cap" has made me a big fan. And it's great hearing a fat-arsed radio guy over here calling him baah-boo Paylow and asking "who is this, he's a walk on?" as they wear their "let's be mad (that we're not in the tournament) again" T-Shirts.

Side note: the Baah-boo discussion by the aforementioned fat-arse was a discussion right before the tournaments kicking off. It was f-ing hilarious to hear them squirm about the hawks in the NIT and looking for anything to make up for it. Baah-boo came up in an evaluation of how many local kids were on the teams. ISU was transfer U...yada, yada. If I could get audio, I'd post it.

ISUagger

Jan 31, 2012
Ames
I think this is a conspiracy to get our minds off Royce. Anyways, no harm in a little speculation to keep traffic up on the site.
:jimlad:

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
I think this is a conspiracy to get our minds off Royce. Anyways, no harm in a little speculation to keep traffic up on the site.
:jimlad:

I'm completely ok with that. I'm pretty sure its unhealthy for me to be pondering Royce's decision as many times during the day as I do.:GEEK:

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
What happens after next season? ( Losing Babb, Lucious, Clyburn, Booker, McGee,
potentially White and potentially Lockett)

I don't think we take him based purely on the unbalanced classes.

This. IF Royce stays, you know that it's just for next year and that's it. That is losing 4 starters plus two major backups. I don't see bringing in Lockett as a possibility. Pelle I could see.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006

He could enter grad. school, not play but practice next year, and then play the following year.
If he comes to ISU, I would think it would be at least a small factor in Royce' s decision.

rich4cy

Apr 11, 2006

We Win the National Championship and Reload with High School talent every year after like Kentucky...:yes:

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA
We Win the National Championship and Reload with High School talent every year after like Kentucky...:yes:

If he comes here, I'd say play the guy right away and go for the whole thing. It's not like the stars align like that very often.

Play him and let the chips fall where they may the following year. I'd rather have a final four team one year and a rebuilding year the next than have two ~ 22-11 type teams in a row.

Falselife

Jul 28, 2011
Why? Seems like a waste of a scholarship that could be better placed towards a big man/defensive monster. I just don't see how another shooter is the best move for this team.

CLONECONES

Mar 15, 2012
RVA
do we really need another guard? haven't seen much of this kid play but if royce stays... where is he on in the lineup

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I slept on this and after thinking about it some more, I would welcome Trent with open arms. It's stupid to worry about the scholarship situation or how many players are back, etc. There are always players to be had every year. CFH has said as much. Fred's concern is putting the best possible team on the floor each and every year and Trent would help fill a hole vacated by CA and SC graduating.

Hope it happens (and White stays of course)!!

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I'm not for a Trent Lockett addition but would welcome him, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.