Bad officiating calls against ISU

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
The game changes if it's 21-14 instead of 21-7. That's obvious. Not saying ISU would have won the game, but you never know how a play like that can change momentum.

RotatingColumn

Oct 21, 2008
Cameron Dollar push off, which was considered a good "no call." What does that mean anyway? How can an announcer say there was a foul and that it was a good thing it wasn't called?

CJDelmonico

Aug 23, 2009
The final score was 28-14, and 7 points would not have made a difference? Flynn's non-TD TD would have made the score 21-14 in the third quarter. ISU had 18 first downs, Nebraska 17, and Nebraska only outgained the Cyclones 382-315.

But you're right. Iowa State was dominated.

Nebraska ran all over you that night. The only reason the score wasn't out of hand is because the Huskers just controlled the clock.

You let a guy that was drafted as a linebacker rush for 150 yards. That game was not close, and you would know that if you had actually watched. Of course, this comes from a group of fans that think ISU dominated NU in a 17 point loss 2 years ago.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Cameron Dollar push off, which was considered a good "no call." What does that mean anyway? How can an announcer say there was a foul and that it was a good thing it wasn't called?

"that was a good no call" always gets me. to me, it means something should have been called because something happened to give someone an unfair advantage. stupid.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
Nebraska ran all over you that night. The only reason the score wasn't out of hand is because the Huskers just controlled the clock.

You let a guy that was drafted as a linebacker rush for 150 yards. That game was not close, and you would know that if you had actually watched. Of course, this comes from a group of fans that think ISU dominated NU in a 17 point loss 2 years ago.

Thank you for assuming that I did not watch the game. I was in fact in attendance, with no shirt, my chest painted gold with a cardinal U on it, as the chilly October evening set in. I was in the gate an hour before kickoff and stayed to the end. Watched the whole game, and nary a drop of alcohol in my system.

Yes, Nebraska controlled the clock, and yes they had a lot of rushing yards. But a game in which the margin is two possessions for much of a half is still a game, and could have been tighter were it not for 2 touchdowns that were wiped off the board by penalty or abhorrent officiating. That's still a competitive game.

Please show me where anyone from our fan base said that we dominated Nebraska in 2007. ISU ran 105 plays and had the ball for 39 minutes, meaning we controlled the clock, but that doesn't mean we "dominated" anything.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron