Arrowhead

SC Cy

Jun 30, 2006
Omaha, NE
twitter.com
I'd say the event was a colossal flop for the Iowa State athletic department. I know there is the money aspect but the negative media and reaction by neutral observers was massive. I know everyone had a pretty good time there, I know I did. Unless either ISU or KSU are very, very good next season I don't see any more than 40,000 people at the game. In fact I'd be willing to bet there will be in the low 30,000's for the game.

I hate to be negative about this because I was excited about Iowa State's opportunity to play in Arrowhead again, but this was bad.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I'd say the event was a colossal flop for the Iowa State athletic department. I know there is the money aspect but the negative media and reaction by neutral observers was massive. I know everyone had a pretty good time there, I know I did. Unless either ISU or KSU are very, very good next season I don't see any more than 40,000 people at the game. In fact I'd be willing to bet there will be in the low 30,000's for the game.

I hate to be negative about this because I was excited about Iowa State's opportunity to play in Arrowhead again, but this was bad.
Well, those neutral fans saw one hell of a game. If I was a neutral fan and sat in on that game, I would have been very pleased with that game. It was one of the greatest finishes to a game this weekend. If anything, that will attract people again next year.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I liked the whole thing except I didn't like paying $7.75 for each beer at the Alumni thing. I'll remember not to go back to that next year.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Well, those neutral fans saw one hell of a game. If I was a neutral fan and sat in on that game, I would have been very pleased with that game. It was one of the greatest finishes to a game this weekend. If anything, that will attract people again next year.

There were maybe 3 neutral fans at the game yesterday. Since they saw one hell of a game, we can likely count on 6 for next year. I bet Arrowhead officials are salivating.:jimlad:

Reactions: Cyclone29

Cyclone29

Jul 21, 2009
25 min wait at the P-lot Jons because 5 of 8 were always locked???

Game plan was force to be - get a beer walk to the Jon then rinse and repeat.:confused:

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Port a potty situation was completely Effin' ridiculous. Otherwise it was a good time. half hour wait for them. And only one every couple hundred yards.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Port a potty situation was completely Effin' ridiculous. Otherwise it was a good time. half hour wait for them. And only one every couple hundred yards.

I went 2-3 times. Never waited more than 3 minutes.

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Really? Where did you park? I walked the entire east lot and the situation was atrocious throughout. I only went once but it was 15 minutes minimum. I said something about Chiefs games and a guy said they don't have any more on Sundays.

Sy4Cy

Sep 1, 2009
Despite the loss I had a great time. I will be heading down again next year. The drive wasn't bad even with the numerous stretches of construction zones. The port a potty situation was ridiculous and I must of caught it at the right time but the lines in went fast.

isuagr

Aug 6, 2006
Red Oak, Iowa
? game at arrowhead

Why was this game scheduled for arrowhead? I believe we would have won if it would have been in Ames, and the crowd down there was poor, Would have been better attended in Ames

Tank

Sep 13, 2008
Niceville, FL

The funniest thing I saw was that in Section C, somebody set up a camping port a potty in between their vehicles and was charging $1 to use it!

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Re: ? game at arrowhead

Been rehashed over and over... We make more money playing 2 years down there by 800,000 then the traditional home and home series.

Yes poor attendance but it's about money.

And yes we probably would of won at JTS...

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008

Not a big deal, but most posters are just ****** about yesterday. The search bar is your friend.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA

Anyone know an estimate of how much money did not go into local Ames businesses because the game was in KC?

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk

Hopefully you didn't mean me.... I wasn't trying to be mean. It's been discussed on the other Arrowhead thread that's on the first page of threads.

The only reason any team does this is.... More exposure and money. Money makes the world go round.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN

I don't think we win that game in Ames. Crowd isn't making tackles and catching passes unfortunately.

Who cares how much money wasn't spent in Ames? They've still got 3 weekends of home football.

Reactions: aauummm

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron