Arrowhead

Tank

Sep 13, 2008
Niceville, FL
So, what are people's thoughts now after the game with the whole Arrowhead experience? I am not talking about being upset b/c we had the game in KC and it should have been in Ames, but just the Arrowhead experience in general.

Mine: the tailgating was a lot of fun but not as much fun as at JT but the one thing that drove me crazy was the entrance into the stadium! In one section alone there were about 14 lines to enter the stadium and about 8-10 of those lines were for women only! Now, I don't know about you, but the vast majority of people that go to football games are men and it took me almost 30 minutes of waiting in line to just get through the screening process! So, I do not know what they were thinking on that matter but I didn't like it. Other than that, I have no other complaints other than the ending of the game but that is for another thread.

Anybody else?

06Panther

Sep 1, 2008
what was the attendance like? was the stadium close to full or not even close?

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Attendance was 40,851. Lower bowl was full on the sidelines but not the endzones.

Arrowhead was a good environment. I don't think home field would've helped at all. Until our defensive line can make a play, we aren't going to win football games. You can't give up huge plays on third down and win (the 2 TD passes). We played good enough to win, but snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. :no:

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Attendance was 40,851. Lower bowl was full on the sidelines but not the endzones.

Arrowhead was a good environment. I don't think home field would've helped at all. Until our defensive line can make a play, we aren't going to win football games. You can't give up huge plays on third down and win (the 2 TD passes). We played good enough to win, but snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. :no:
No kidding? The announcers kept saying 60,000... :biglaugh: I was gonna ask where everybody was at. Ok, forget my previous post.

Me State

Oct 19, 2007
I didn't like paying $22 to park. I did enjoy being able to hear the sound system clearly. I enjoyed it and look forward to doing it again next year.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
They announced 40,851 and I think that's what ESPN said. There is NO way there were 60,000.
Yeah, I figured there were around 40K. But, I swear I heard the commentators say 60K "twice" on tv throughout the game. Of course it was at a bar and I was drinking, so maybe I was hearing things. :cute:

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
They announced 40,851 and I think that's what ESPN said. There is NO way there were 60,000.

There is no way there were 60,000 from the pictures.

At one point, it looked like they had you on the screen. It was the only time during the game that I was glad for the camcorder-like production values. For once, I didn't miss HD. So, thanks for that.:smile: