Arrowhead

SC Cy

Jun 30, 2006
Omaha, NE
twitter.com
Colossal flop? Why? Because this deal is financially lucrative for ISU? Or that ISU gets to play in an NFL stadium? How?

And there will be more than 40,000 there next year because this game IS included in KSU's season ticket package next year.

Personally, I had a great time. The game was a lot of fun (except for the outcome), tailgating was good, all in all a great weekend.

I think the negative perception hurts a program far worse than the extra money gained from having two games in Kansas City. We watched the highlights on the local sports stations and every time they mentioned the empty stadium. Columnist in two newspapers (KC and Omaha...those are the only two I read) wrote articles about the lack of fans. The KC paper was a Jason Whitlock column. I got back to Omaha and most people I talked to mentioned how empty the stadium looked. The local sports radio talked about the bad crowd at the game. The Des Moines local radio shows talked about the small crowd. Perception hurts a program.

Now, I had a great time. The tailgate rivaled that of a Jack Trice tailgate. Kelly's was amazing on Friday. I've heard from a few people that the ISU party in the Power & Light district was a great time. All this only helps the people that attended the game. It just gets ingrained in the heads of people that ISU is small-time football when people don't make the trip to even remotely fill a football stadium.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Guys, Arrowhead was OK. I like the fact that I can go to that game both years and not have to go to Manhatten. I will tell you Arrowhead is nothing compared to Power and Light. Holy smokes was that a wild and crazy time. I can't believe I made it back to be honest.

clonefan1

Aug 7, 2006
So, what are people's thoughts now after the game with the whole Arrowhead experience? I am not talking about being upset b/c we had the game in KC and it should have been in Ames, but just the Arrowhead experience in general.

Mine: the tailgating was a lot of fun but not as much fun as at JT but the one thing that drove me crazy was the entrance into the stadium! In one section alone there were about 14 lines to enter the stadium and about 8-10 of those lines were for women only! Now, I don't know about you, but the vast majority of people that go to football games are men and it took me almost 30 minutes of waiting in line to just get through the screening process! So, I do not know what they were thinking on that matter but I didn't like it. Other than that, I have no other complaints other than the ending of the game but that is for another thread.

Anybody else?

I probably won't go back....Here's why......

1) $22.00 to park
2) Can't tailgate after the game for very long...Cops were extremely rude.."Pack your stuff up and get going!" Their exact words.
3) The fact that nothing was said about every single person being patted down before entering the stadium. If it was mentioned, I missed it!

kcpowercat

Sep 28, 2009
My guess is the reason everybody was rushed out was due to the Chiefs game the next day and everything having to be cleaned up by 8am Sunday....they don't usually rush people out after chiefs games that quick.

$22 to park is crazy but parking is crazy everywhere in stadiums.

Patted down at a security line makes you not want to go back? Weird, I'm usually a fan of safety and drunk idiots not hauling in glass pints.

It was a fun game...hopefully we both bring more fans next year...that was a bit embarassing...hope all the Cyclone fans had fun despite the 1 point loss...Friday was fun at P&L...it wasn't all 'clone fans there.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Curious, but what were the expenses for the Athletic Department for this game? Sending the team down there and the special events... May not be the full $800,000 profit.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron