AP has Kansas back ahead of ISU lol

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Games will sort it all out. Really hoping for Houston rematch for title in KC

I'm really not.

That game was brutal. People make the argument about teams who have to play in conference championship games being worn out by that (and the games before) for their first tourney games, but having Houston be that opponent is taking that up to 11. Of course if it happens I hope we win, but hoping Houston gets upset before that point.

Reactions: Cydkar and Cupped

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
We all know what's going to happen. We are going to win out with a 14-4 record in the B12 end up 2nd in conference.

KU and Marquette will get the 2/3 in Omaha while they ship us to the East as a 2. Baylor gets Memphis as a 3. Their reasoning will be is they "rewarded" us with a 2 seed.

Insert sad failure sound.

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia

Cupped

Feb 11, 2016
Favored to win two this week with BYU at home and UCF on the road should further entrench us in the top 10 heading into the final regular season week, the Big 12 Tournament and beyond.

I really saw us filling the 9 spot, and 8 is WAY better than 9!

• Agree
Reactions: nfrine

Letterkenny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 26, 2023
…but way worse losses. Those don’t count?
I don't know? Our losses to Virginia Tech and Texas A&M on a neutral sight were bad. They're both in the 50's on Kenpom. Their non-conference wins over UConn and Tennessee carry a lot of weight.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
This time of year it seems the AP and Coaches polls start to become more like the college football playoff poll. Certain teams will be placed at certain spots to meet the needs of the networks, site locations, conference bias etc........

I think I'm going to stick more to Net, BPI and KenPom.

Reactions: Dirt Boy 2

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
I don't know? Our losses to Virginia Tech and Texas A&M on a neutral sight were bad. They're both in the 50's on Kenpom. Their non-conference wins over UConn and Tennessee carry a lot of weight.

ISU had Ward out though… significant.

KU got the doors blown off by Tech and they get a pass because McCuller was out…. Didn’t drop big time at all.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Pat Rooney put KU 4th and ISU 11th on his ballot.

Where each voter put ISU is right here:

You can click on the name and it will pull up their social media accounts. Make sure you hit the thumbs down for the truly terrible ballots.
There's only 62 AP voters in the AP poll?? I would have thought it would be closer to 200.
And one of them is Leastikow...

FWIW, the 6 outliers on ISU all have Duke and UNC higher, that's the main difference I could see.