Anyone else hearing that JP has already decided Prohm is coming back?

Nococy

Jan 10, 2021
Fort Collins Co
No one cares about Dana Altman, or John Bielein, or any other coaches that wouldn’t take this job.

people also aren’t going to be all fired up about TJ or Devries, or smith, or whoever else is introduced because they all have huge question marks around them.

Fred ticks all the boxes for the fan base as a whole.

It’s to bad that JP and Hornacek don’t see eye to eye because he would check most of the boxes also.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
For those wanting Fred back. So you want a guy who left Iowa State for greener pastures in the Pros. Totally sucked at Coaching the Bulls. Gets Fired. Hired by Nebraska as Head Coach. Totally sucks there. Fred has not had a Winning Season since his first as Bulls Head Coach where he inherited a good team. They went 42-40. Winning 8 games less than the previous year under Tom Thibodeau who went 50-32 in Regular Season the previous year.

Fred had some great teams at Iowa State. But I am not sure at all that he would be able to be successful in a second run. I have not seen anything in the last 7 years that supports Fred having a successful return. Plus he wanted out of Ames. There are better candidates.

To start, I'm not convinced he's actually interested in coming back. This seems like message board chatter.

But every coaching hire is a gamble, and a ton ends up being about how well someone fits in in a given place and if they can figure out how to win *there*. I really don't care about the bulls, where he wasn't running the show with his own players, and i really don't care about nebraska a program that has been mired in futility since forever. I also don't give a damn if he has some success and leaves again after 5 years. We would be damn lucky to be put in a place once again where another coach can take over a top 10 team.

If its between Fred, a guy who we know was able to deliver success here, and some unproven midmajor coach when we already have seen plenty of evidence that many if not most of those coaches can't successfully make that jump and succeed, i'm choosing Fred every single time.

Your post just comes off as more of the same butthurt that he'd dare leave us, when he put this program at the best place it probably has ever been.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I don't know my big ISU donors as well as others on here; who exactly is this Albaugh guy?

I don’t even know that he’s a donor. But he has money and likes TJ.

And also owns CF.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
No one cares about Dana Altman, or John Bielein, or any other coaches that wouldn’t take this job.

people also aren’t going to be all fired up about TJ or Devries, or smith, or whoever else is introduced because they all have huge question marks around them.

Fred ticks all the boxes for the fan base as a whole.

Fred’s lack of success in the last 7 years raises lots of questions. Fred has not won.

• Haha
Reactions: WhoISthis