Any reason why we aren't as good as Northwestern?

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Here's my favorite:

Electrifying does not equal an every down back. Even Reggie Bush was pushing 205lbs. Wimberly is 175lbs soaking wet. He didn't break any tackles Saturday night.

He needs to operate in space, not between the tackles.

An every down back is someone like Ennis Haywood..who can move the chains and get the 20 yard run

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
I wonder why I rarely post on here.

I went to ISU. Lived in a house on Lynn Ave my first two years there.

I was at the ISU win over Nebraska in '93. A good number of u know nothing about ISU football pre-Coach Mac, mych less Jim Criner or Donnie Duncan. IMO he's the best coach we've had but whatever. Big12 > Big 8 by a long shot.

Anyways I'm out. Now I know why I rarely post on here

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

I was at the ISU win over Nebraska in '93. A good number of u know nothing about ISU football pre-Coach Mac, mych less Jim Criner or Donnie Duncan. IMO he's the best coach we've had but whatever. Big12 > Big 8 by a long shot.

Thanks!

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
Here's my favorite:

Isn't it the truth? He's had ONE good game against a bad defense and you think he's comparable to Ennis Haywood any other guy who can get 20+ carries a game every Saturday. Your quote above actually illustrates what little you know about football

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Being in Chicago is a dumb argument. They are futility U and they didn't pick up and move to chicago recently.

They are good because of pat Fitzgerald. They took advantage of a weak big 10 last year and kept the momentum going into this season.

We had and opportunity to do that in '04 and '05 and again this year, but it appears we will squander it once again.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Isn't it the truth? He's had ONE good game against a bad defense and you think he's comparable to Ennis Haywood any other guy who can get 20+ carries a game every Saturday. Your quote above actually illustrates what little you know about football

He's had two good games and 20 or more touches in both.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010

Ummm we lost 49-17 at Nebraska that year... If you are going to pretend to be a fan get your **** right.

ISUpadre

Aug 2, 2013
USA! USA!
Why does your facebook page suggest that you went to wartburg and you said about the clones the other day:
ISU fans shouldn't be commenting on big boy football

https://www.facebook.com/Mheiden74?viewer_id=503275135

stalker.gif

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
in his defense I hated ames the first 18 months I lived there.

Well if I assume "mtown" stands for marshalltown or any town in Iowa that starts with a M, I'd think it'd be paradise for you.

Thank you. Northwestern doesn't attract much more "talent" than we do. They do have a great coaching staff though.

Too bad your boy Danny Mac couldn't get us over the hump.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
They are in year 8 under Fitzgerald and we are in year 5 under Rhoads give it time. Since Fitzgerald was an assistant under Randy Walker and only took over when Randy Walker passed, he kept a lot of the coaching staff. So they have had some consistency in staff, schemes, and recruiting for 15 years.

Tedcyclone

Oct 27, 2009
West Des Moines
I would like to think we have better facilities then them, and we are in about the same location.

No, there is NO reason... However we have been as good as Northwestern for a very long time.. This season Northwestern just happens to have one of the their best teams ever. That being said. I think we can hang regardless year in and year out no issue.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron