Any P90X Users?

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
After reading all the posts in this thread about all of you who are using P90 or P90X, I better not see any beer bellies at the first tailgate.:wink:

Seriously, great job to all those using this. Keep up the good work. I've lost 45 pounds since last November, but I still have a looooong ways to go.

Last edited:

247cy

Nov 14, 2006
Spring Hill, KS
Finished week 13 last week. It's been a good workout, though going in I was fairly fit. I lost a little over 10 lbs, and 2 inches on my waistline. Definitely have more energy during the day and for other activities. I'll probably take some time off then start a second 90 days.

One problem is, I cant use my heaviest band because it is impossible to attach the handles to because it is so thick.

I assume you bought the bands that they sell. If you did, I had the same problem with the black band. The solution is to lay the empty handle down on the floor with the opening facing up. Then grab the band in both hands and stretch it out as far as you can while pushing down into the slot in the handle (its slightly easier if you grab the band in the middle not near the end). It should pop in if you can stretch it enough.

illinoiscyclone

Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
Finished week 13 last week. It's been a good workout, though going in I was fairly fit. I lost a little over 10 lbs, and 2 inches on my waistline. Definitely have more energy during the day and for other activities. I'll probably take some time off then start a second 90 days.

I assume you bought the bands that they sell. If you did, I had the same problem with the black band. The solution is to lay the empty handle down on the floor with the opening facing up. Then grab the band in both hands and stretch it out as far as you can while pushing down into the slot in the handle (its slightly easier if you grab the band in the middle not near the end). It should pop in if you can stretch it enough.

I bought some off of ebay that are probably similar, but you kinda have to tie a knot, and it is way too thick to do. That would hook it in there kinda, but without the knot deal it would probably fly off if I stretched it too much.

I did Plyos for the first time yesterday and I HATED it. It was awesome:yes:. I can now see how people lose so much weight. I am going to take this home with me and make my wrestlers do it, and they are going to hate me:biggrin:. After I go through them all Ill know which others suck too.

I did it a bit late though, and it boosted my energy levels so much I ddint even sleep last night.:confused:

illinoiscyclone

Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
Day 4 and Ive found that walking is becoming difficult.

I am considering stopping the cardio until my legs can catch up. Maybe the yoga will help later.

SmokinH2O

Oct 10, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
Day 4 and Ive found that walking is becoming difficult.

I am considering stopping the cardio until my legs can catch up. Maybe the yoga will help later.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:...I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you. I've been there and it hurts. Don't worry too much, the workouts are sequenced to help that out so you don't do any real cardio until day 6 and that's kempo. It's works other parts of your body that will get sore. :eek:

Yoga is very tough the 1st couple of times but will help with your how sore you are right now. Then day 5 is is Legs and back....that'll make you walk real funny. :yes:

Don't worry, the 3rd or 4th time you do plyo things get better and don't get as sore. :biggrin:

My wife and I are just finishing up the recovery week for phase 2 and can't wait to get phase 3 started Monday.

illinoiscyclone

Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:...I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you. I've been there and it hurts. Don't worry too much, the workouts are sequenced to help that out so you don't do any real cardio until day 6 and that's kempo. It's works other parts of your body that will get sore. :eek:

Yoga is very tough the 1st couple of times but will help with your how sore you are right now. Then day 5 is is Legs and back....that'll make you walk real funny. :yes:

Don't worry, the 3rd or 4th time you do plyo things get better and don't get as sore. :biggrin:

My wife and I are just finishing up the recovery week for phase 2 and can't wait to get phase 3 started Monday.

Did you take all of the measurements and stuff? I didnt, but I have a good idea where I am sitting.

Are you seeing some pretty good results so far?

SmokinH2O

Oct 10, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
Lost 5 lbs in 3 weeks....

Snowcraig....that's about the same pace I'm on, maybe a bit more. For me about 1 lbs /week is what I'm keeping pace with. Down about 12-13lbs at the end of phase 2.

How close are you following the meal plan and are you tracking what you eat? I've been using myfitnesspal.com. That really helped me understand the carbs/protine balance daily.

Keep up the good work.

SmokinH2O

Oct 10, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
Did you take all of the measurements and stuff? I didnt, but I have a good idea where I am sitting.

Are you seeing some pretty good results so far?

Yes but I didn't put a lot of stock in the measurements because I used a string w/a tape measure. I also took some pics that are not for anyone's viewing:no: . Also did the fit test and I can tell you that after the 60day mark I know I can already blow those numbers away.

At my 30 day I saw some results but nothing drastic. The biggest thing I've noticed is I'm fitting into some jeans I haven't had on for 4 years. Prior to starting I was just getting ready to buy some new LARGER ones and thought.....If I spend the money on P90X and lose the weight then that would be money well spend. So far it's working well.

Cardio and strength....much better than day 1 and I wasn't in great shape but I also wasn't way out of shape....at least I didn't think so. Ab ripper....I couldn't do 5-10 of any and now I'm doing 20 - 25 of each. I can feel my core getting stronger and seeing some core muscels. Nothing drastic but better than when I started.

illinoiscyclone

Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
Yes but I didn't put a lot of stock in the measurements because I used a string w/a tape measure. I also took some pics that are not for anyone's viewing:no: . Also did the fit test and I can tell you that after the 60day mark I know I can already blow those numbers away.

At my 30 day I saw some results but nothing drastic. The biggest thing I've noticed is I'm fitting into some jeans I haven't had on for 4 years. Prior to starting I was just getting ready to buy some new LARGER ones and thought.....If I spend the money on P90X and lose the weight then that would be money well spend. So far it's working well.

Cardio and strength....much better than day 1 and I wasn't in great shape but I also wasn't way out of shape....at least I didn't think so. Ab ripper....I couldn't do 5-10 of any and now I'm doing 20 - 25 of each. I can feel my core getting stronger and seeing some core muscels. Nothing drastic but better than when I started.

I hope I can get some good results. I am not following the diet, but doing sort of my own. A lot of cereal, peanut butter sandwiches, and turkeyburgers/ chicken breasts.

illinoiscyclone

Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
I sorta had that "oh yoga will be no big deal" attitude before I did it. In HS, my first wrestling coach made us do some real extreme yoga before and after practices, and we had to meditate before each match. He was one of those pot smoking hippie types who smells like coffee and some sort of organic deoderant and you hate to wrestle him because of it. Anyway, I had an idea of how yoga would be, but I didnt really account for the fact that I now have fat in places I didnt and am not as pliable anymore. It was easy at first as I am still more flexible than the average guy, but toward the middle I got to the point to whatever muscle group I was stretching would just start shaking uncontrollably.

Only made it about halfway thru yoga before my laptop died, but it was very relaxing. It helped that halfway thru I had to open my window because I was sweating my *** off and it started raining thru my window on me. I am about the most calm I have ever been

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
I just purchased this today on ebay with all the guides and such. I'm pretty excited to see how I do. I got the pull-up bar, but need dumbells or the bands. After reading some of the posts on here about this, I thought I'd give it a try.

SmokinH2O

Oct 10, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
Just started phase 3 Monday and I'm back to being really sore in my chest and tricepts. I did plyo this morning and am startring to feel it. I really think this is why the program is so effective..... 60 days into it and the workouts keep changing just enough to make you sore all over. I did notice that I went up in almost every excercise on Monday by 4-5 reps. Shoulders and arms tomorrow. :biggrin:

illinoiscyclone

Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
Just started phase 3 Monday and I'm back to being really sore in my chest and tricepts. I did plyo this morning and am startring to feel it. I really think this is why the program is so effective..... 60 days into it and the workouts keep changing just enough to make you sore all over. I did notice that I went up in almost every excercise on Monday by 4-5 reps. Shoulders and arms tomorrow. :biggrin:

Are you doing the online community deal?

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
I sorta had that "oh yoga will be no big deal" attitude before I did it. In HS, my first wrestling coach made us do some real extreme yoga before and after practices, and we had to meditate before each match. He was one of those pot smoking hippie types who smells like coffee and some sort of organic deoderant and you hate to wrestle him because of it. Anyway, I had an idea of how yoga would be, but I didnt really account for the fact that I now have fat in places I didnt and am not as pliable anymore. It was easy at first as I am still more flexible than the average guy, but toward the middle I got to the point to whatever muscle group I was stretching would just start shaking uncontrollably.

Only made it about halfway thru yoga before my laptop died, but it was very relaxing. It helped that halfway thru I had to open my window because I was sweating my *** off and it started raining thru my window on me. I am about the most calm I have ever been
Try doing it with 4 kids running around you. It's a totally different experience.