Any P90X Users?

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I'm starting up Crossfit in Urbandale (Crossfitdesmoines.com) on Monday, pretty excited to give it a try. Starting a weight loss contest at work at the same time, should help out quite a bit.

SmokinH2O

Oct 10, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
I'm starting up Crossfit in Urbandale (Crossfitdesmoines.com) on Monday, pretty excited to give it a try. Starting a weight loss contest at work at the same time, should help out quite a bit.

Crossfit looks like a killer. I'd love to do it but I'm having some serious pain in my left shoulder. Not sure what I did but I can't get a gallon of milk out of the fridge with my arm extended. That ring work would make me cry right now. Let me know how it goes and what you think.

I'm still doing P90x and some of the 1 on 1 stuff. Trying to stay away from shoulder movements right now. Most push up don't hurt and pullups don't either. I'll give it a couple of months and see if it gets to feeling better. Until then tell us how you like Crossfit.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
I haven't used it, but I used to do male gymnastics and know they have some of our warmups as workouts on this thing. It most likely works if they know about our warmups. At least a little

heyguy85

Nov 9, 2007
Iowa
I am finishing week 5 and have noticed improved strength in my shoulders and arms. Still no weight loss but it could be because I haven't cut down my drinking.

Reactions: CyGuy33

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Two weeks into Crossfit and loving it. The actual workouts are relatively short (8-30 min) and very intense, basically as hard as you can as long as you can. So far, I have lost roughly a pound a day and my wind is 100% improved, especially playing basketball where you generally go really hard in a similar time frame.

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008
This questioned may have been answered but other than the DVD's what other stuff do you need. I have seen some users are using dumb bells, chin up bars, etc...

Also what does the P90x cost and where is the best place to buy it? This thread definitely has got me interested. I run 3-4 miles a day but that gets boring some days.

pirate bay torrents

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
If you've had success with it, I think that's great.

My only comment without ever trying it is: How could you not lose weight if you're working out 90 minutes a day and 6 days a week? Assuming that you're following a sensible diet plan.

Who said you couldn't?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I have a 14 year old daughter who want to do this with me. Is it to much for her? I assume you can scale it down to your level.

heyguy85

Nov 9, 2007
Iowa
I have a 14 year old daughter who want to do this with me. Is it to much for her? I assume you can scale it down to your level.

I don't think it would be too much because they give examples with bands, light weight, and no weight. The plyometrics might get pretty challenging for her, but the rest should go pretty well. She might really like Kenpo; it's the most fun IMO.

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
I've finished round two, and still going. Have never had a six pack like this before, and I've always been a pretty lean guy.

Clonegrad07

Jul 22, 2008
North Carolina
I think I'm going to order mine. I heard if you go on Craigs list or ebay, you can get it for about $25. Is this true? Any experience buying a priated a version?