Alert: *** Announcing CF's new premium/Patreon initiative ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Will the extras for the Patrons all come through the Patron website? If not, how will you link the Patron accounts to the CF accounts in order to access the additional benefits, lets just say a Jay Jordan article?

Correct. Content/perks like that will appear in your email/on Patreon for those people.

For the premium forum users, goodies will be handed out through the premium board.

Reactions: ArgentCy

Ozclone

Dec 12, 2009
I wish there was a T1.5. Literally the only thing I care about on the T1 is the dumb rating. And while I think $12/month is reasonable for the T2 content, I can't attend the gatherings and wouldn't read/watch the blog/video or the game breakdown. So $12/month is a bit much for a premium forum. I know, beat me up for not supporting, but there are a lot of companies/websites/content suppliers that need help so there has to be some value proposition and a middle ground in price and features would be better for an out of stater like me.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Is there a way to send cash or pay discretely? The lady already b*tches about how much time I spend on here. If she sees I start spending money on it, she’s gonna go ape.

Reactions: Clones1414

trevn

Jerome Tang Surveillance Team
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
A lot to chew on here. Full details in the link. Please feel free to ask me questions here. I will do my best to get them all answered.

https://cyclonefanatic.com/2020/04/announcing-a-new-business-model-initiative-at-cyclone-fanatic/

I work in a community bank and have seen firsthand how COVID has impacted so many people, especially small businesses. I applaud your effort to navigate this business through these challenging times. More often than not, quality product wins in the end. The CF product has no peers in my humble opinion, so I have faith CF will come through this rough time stronger and better than ever. I'm willing to do my part, however small it may be. Upgrading my account soon. Thanks Chris and the entire staff at CF for doing what you do.

Reactions: ChrisMWilliams

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
I signed up to be a Patreon member a couple days ago after listening to Chris’s podcast. I think it was $3/month. I know, I know, I was late to the game. Story of my life. Anyway, after reading the latest on the various premium memberships, I think the Super Fanatic top tier for $11.99 per month is the best option for me. Based on what I have gathered, I have to sign up separately for this Super Fanatic tier and then decide if I want to cancel my Patreon membership for $3/month. Does that sound correct? Thanks.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Is there a way to send cash or pay discretely? The lady already b*tches about how much time I spend on here. If she sees I start spending money on it, she’s gonna go ape.

I have two bank accounts that my wife has no idea exist. Highly recommend.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Irony. CF was born when the ISU Rivals site went to a premium message board.

Not judging, just an observation.

I thought it was an alternative to Rivals for people who weren't complete ********.

Anyway, that's the way I recall it. :rolleyes:

KCCLONE712

Jun 29, 2011
Chris,

I am one of those crazy people that attempts to limit my digital footprint and don't really feel like signing up for Patron. I love the content here and want to support it. Is there an option to pay or donate $20/monthly with a card or even Venmo? Full understanding I won't get the extra content unless I sign up with Patron

jpete24

Wearing nut cup since 2002
SuperFanatic
Mar 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I wish there was a T1.5. Literally the only thing I care about on the T1 is the dumb rating. And while I think $12/month is reasonable for the T2 content, I can't attend the gatherings and wouldn't read/watch the blog/video or the game breakdown. So $12/month is a bit much for a premium forum. I know, beat me up for not supporting, but there are a lot of companies/websites/content suppliers that need help so there has to be some value proposition and a middle ground in price and features would be better for an out of stater like me.

I actually agree with this being out of state, however if the difference is $4/mo. that is $48/year. I'm pretty sure if you have the $8/mo, you have the $12/mo, so who cares at that point?

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I work in a community bank and have seen firsthand how COVID has impacted so many people, especially small businesses. I applaud your effort to navigate this business through these challenging times. More often than not, quality product wins in the end. The CF product has no peers in my humble opinion, so I have faith CF will come through this rough time stronger and better than ever. I'm willing to do my part, however small it may be. Upgrading my account soon. Thanks Chris and the entire staff at CF for doing what you do.

Nicest thing I have read today, and there have been many kind comments. Thank you so much.

Reactions: aauummm

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Chris,

I am one of those crazy people that attempts to limit my digital footprint and don't really feel like signing up for Patron. I love the content here and want to support it. Is there an option to pay or donate $20/monthly with a card or even Venmo? Full understanding I won't get the extra content unless I sign up with Patron

Thank you for the note. You can do the premium forum member aspect. That goes directly through PayPal, not Patreon. Sorry. I know it's confusing.

Reactions: KCCLONE712

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com

I'm sorry. Between Patreon and premium, we are giving folks 5 different options. If you can't find anything to your standards then just enjoy the free product. No problem at all. Thank you

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I signed up to be a Patreon member a couple days ago after listening to Chris’s podcast. I think it was $3/month. I know, I know, I was late to the game. Story of my life. Anyway, after reading the latest on the various premium memberships, I think the Super Fanatic top tier for $11.99 per month is the best option for me. Based on what I have gathered, I have to sign up separately for this Super Fanatic tier and then decide if I want to cancel my Patreon membership for $3/month. Does that sound correct? Thanks.

That is correct!

aauummm

March is National Celery Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
I'm extremely tempted to go T2 and just for the "dumb" emoji alone. So much dumb being posted on this board that really needs to get tagged with it. As one poster said today the board has become a cesspool.