Alert: *** Announcing CF's new premium/Patreon initiative ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Is Jimlad emoji coming back?
JIMLAD.png

OhioClone

Aug 2, 2008

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I have a couple of questions. I contribute monthly to Patreon already, can that amount be applied to the $11.99 message board option? Or would I have to cancel or lower my Patreon amount?

is there an option to pay for a years worth at once? I’ve been trying to get most of my newspaper and internet subscriptions on a yearly basis rather than monthly. It’s kind of nice only having to worry about it once and someone used amazon to steal my credit card number back in December and monthly subscriptions were annoying to deal with.

jpete24

Wearing nut cup since 2002
SuperFanatic
Mar 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I have a couple of questions. I contribute monthly to Patreon already, can that amount be applied to the $11.99 message board option? Or would I have to cancel or lower my Patreon amount?

is there an option to pay for a years worth at once? I’ve been trying to get most of my newspaper and internet subscriptions on a yearly basis rather than monthly. It’s kind of nice only having to worry about it once and someone used amazon to steal my credit card number back in December and monthly subscriptions were annoying to deal with.

My guess is the Patreon is going to be separate from the forum tiers. I've used Patreon for years, and it's a completely separate product that doesn't integrate into your existing websites or systems.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Hi, I have a question. I have been giving to Cyclone Patreon for some time. For the new business model does my current contribution automatically get me into the appropriate supporter tier?

Great question. I'm actually working on a post to all current Patreon members now.

Because I changed up the tiers, you have to physically go in and opt into which tier you want to join. They do this to avoid Creators raising the price on current patrons without their knowledge/approval. Please let me know if you have any questions after this.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com

1 - They are two separate entities. I wish that we could find a way to roll them together but it simply isn't possible due to the software. So we have the Patreon option and the Premium option. You can choose which you like the most, OR do both .

2 - I'm afraid that is not an option. I'm sorry. I wish it was but I can only do what the software allows us to do.

Reactions: jsb and jpete24

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
upload_2020-4-15_12-3-50.png

Hey @ChrisMWilliams wanted to say thanks for all the work you've done for CF and the Cyclone community.

I noticed this advertisement logo happening throughout the site. Might I suggest it being a link to Heartland Flag and Gifts to help drive more traffic to the advertiser? Right now it's just an image.

Reactions: BoxsterCy

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
1 - They are two separate entities. I wish that we could find a way to roll them together but it simply isn't possible due to the software. So we have the Patreon option and the Premium option. You can choose which you like the most, OR do both .

2 - I'm afraid that is not an option. I'm sorry. I wish it was but I can only do what the software allows us to do.

Do we have to send you something to be able to link Patreon and CF. I imagine this could get to be a pain real quick.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
View attachment 71206

Hey @ChrisMWilliams wanted to say thanks for all the work you've done for CF and the Cyclone community.

I noticed this advertisement logo happening throughout the site. Might I suggest it being a link to Heartland Flag and Gifts to help drive more traffic to the advertiser? Right now it's just an image.

Thank you. We just added that today. You'll notice on the front page of the forum that it is linked. It should be there too. Probably just an oversight by development. Appreciate the heads up.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Great offer; I think the premium prices will keep the Riff-Raff out and prevent obsessive Hawkeye "Fat Stanley / FranFade" threads from appearing.
I would consider joining, but with hope there will continue to be political, Trump-bashing threads?

Reactions: Cycho1

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
I bumped up my investment a bit. Thanks for all that you CF'ers do!

Reactions: JHudd

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Great offer; I think the premium prices will keep the Riff-Raff out and prevent obsessive Hawkeye "Fat Stanley / FranFade" threads from appearing.
I would consider joining, but with hope there will continue to be political, Trump-bashing threads?

Both things that you are referencing are located in opt-in forums. If you don't want to view in-state rivals or politics, you can simply go into your profile and opt-out of them.