Alert: *** Announcing CF's new premium/Patreon initiative ***

Cyguy1984

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 1, 2018
A lot to chew on here. Full details in the link. Please feel free to ask me questions here. I will do my best to get them all answered.

https://cyclonefanatic.com/2020/04/announcing-a-new-business-model-initiative-at-cyclone-fanatic/
Agree with other posters. Have enjoyed all of the insight over the years. Like so much other media, the business model is changing and ad revenue won't support going forward.
Without any reservation, I'm in for the Patreon level with the knowledge that it's such a great value. Thanks Chris for your efforts over the years...

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Great question. I'm actually working on a post to all current Patreon members now.

Because I changed up the tiers, you have to physically go in and opt into which tier you want to join. They do this to avoid Creators raising the price on current patrons without their knowledge/approval. Please let me know if you have any questions after this.

cool, I think I understand it now. I’ll be in for the message board option. I’ll have to decrease my Patreon donation a bit but my overall contribution will be more.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Agree with other posters. Have enjoyed all of the insight over the years. Like so much other media, the business model is changing and ad revenue won't support going forward.
Without any reservation, I'm in for the Patreon level with the knowledge that it's such a great value. Thanks Chris for your efforts over the years...

Thank you, sir!

Jacktronic

MONDAYTUESDAYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYSATURDAYSUNDAY
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 16, 2013
Kansas City, MO
So I was a T1 subscriber, and I upgraded my account through the link in the Account Upgrade tab. Afterwards it shows two active subscriptions, one for the T1 and one for the T2. I assume I just cancel my T1 now? Obviously each sub shows a different expiration date since I subscribed on different days of the month.

Edit: Actually I think I leave it alone. When I go to Paypal it just has the T2 $11.99 subscription active.

Last edited:

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Great offer; I think the premium prices will keep the Riff-Raff out and prevent obsessive Hawkeye "Fat Stanley / FranFade" threads from appearing.
I would consider joining, but with hope there will continue to be political, Trump-bashing threads?

might have to get it now...good sales pitch

jpete24

Wearing nut cup since 2002
SuperFanatic
Mar 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Irony. CF was born when the ISU Rivals site went to a premium message board.

Not judging, just an observation.

Yeah, and they did it in a very corporate way by closing it off completely unless you pay. Chris and his group haven’t changed a thing about the free forum options and the regular content that you already receive. This isn’t a helpful comment.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by this.

Will the extras for the Patrons all come through the Patron website? If not, how will you link the Patron accounts to the CF accounts in order to access the additional benefits, lets just say a Jay Jordan article?