All I want for Christmas...

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
There's a really good one over near Olive Garden. It's named Sahara's. We went for a girlfriend's wedding, and it was really nice. A little pricy, though - but you can get different packages.

CHA-CHING. My wife looked into that place once. ONCE!!! It was her own choice not to go back.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
My wife an I stayed at the Great Wolf lodge in KC. I got her that for her 30th bday. It had a huge whirlpool tub, fireplace and huge 4 post bed. Plus all of the crazy indoor waterslides and water park misc you could want. It was a blast. That would be a good christmas present as well for someone.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
CHA-CHING. My wife looked into that place once. ONCE!!! It was her own choice not to go back.

Sorry.... I was lucky enough not to have to pay for the spa stuff, as the bride's (loaded) dad paid for everything. It was a really nice place - I'm sorry that it was probably not the most feasible suggestion!!

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
Sorry.... I was lucky enough not to have to pay for the spa stuff, as the bride's (loaded) dad paid for everything. It was a really nice place - I'm sorry that it was probably not the most feasible suggestion!!

Nothing wrong with a freebie. You have to take adventage of that when you can.

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
To all you that want remote starters, take it from someone that has one: they are over-rated. Unless you don't park your car in a garage at home or you are within range from the office to start it up before you leave work it really doesn't help much I think. My new car came with one standard and to be honest I hardly use it. It's more of a "toy" really when I just like to hear the V8 rumble when it starts up while I am walking towards the car. You gain maybe 30 seconds of run time before you get in the car when you do that which isn't enough time to warm up/cool down the car until it's been running for at least a few minutes anyways.

i also have one and i find it very useful. start my truck 10 minutes before i go outside every morning, and it's nice and toasty when i get in-btw, i park outside, so it is very nice not to have to scrape ice off the windshield anymore. also use it everyday when i leave work. never really tested the range, probably should. i pretty much just drive my truck to work and back tho, and any other driving we use my wifes car-better gas mileage-and she gets to park inside.

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny
I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time!

Couldn't resist ;)

Last edited:

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
My wife wants a wii... I have never been a big video game guy but I like the concept of the wii so I am definately fine with getting one, well, if thats what she wants ;)

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
My wife wants a wii... I have never been a big video game guy but I like the concept of the wii so I am definately fine with getting one, well, if thats what she wants ;)

Go to walmart and play mario galaxy. You will be glad you did. Addictive as heck.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time!

Couldn't resist ;)

Are you prepared for 24 hours of that on christmas eve? I am. I watch it at least twice.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I wanted an I-pod so I bought a refurbished one cheap with a one year warranty.

Other then that. I really dont' have anything I want. Although, my dad is givin me and my 2 brothers $400 dollars each to buy what we want. Talk about taking the supprise out of it. Only problem I can't think of anything to buy.

I could use it for the upcoming wedding or even the house we are buying. Hope I'm not getting to old to enjoy christmas