All I want for Christmas...

CyGal

Mar 1, 2006
WDM
It's been a while for us too. We got to go to Chicago last year, but while my husband was walking around the city taking 600+ pictures, I was stuck in a freezing cold conference room in a hotel learning about statutory accounting. Yeah!

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
All I want for Christmas is a real good tan...

Anyone?

No? Guess I'm just a tad bit on the hick side then...

Ooooo, don't you think it's a pretty good plan?
All I want for christmas is a real good tan..

All I want for Christmas is a real good tan,
take me to the Islands put my feet in the sand,
rockin' to and fro with the rhythm of the ocean.
singin Silent Night with the palm trees blowin'..

Well, if you're thinkin' bout getting me a present this year,
let me put a bug in your cute little ear,
How bout 2 tickets to a tropical shore,
where we don't have to wear these winter clothes anymore,
instead of turkey we'll have mahi-mahi grill,
and Pina Coladas in the blender chillin'..

take me to the Islands put my feet in the sand,
rockin' to and fro with the rhythm of the ocean,
singin Silent Night with the palm trees blowin'..

Well everybody's praying for a Christmas so white,
come to think about it, that'd be alright,
as long as it's sand and not snow on the ground,
and everyday our skin gets a little more brown,
We'll string some lights in a coconut tree,
I'll rub some oil on you, and you can rub some on me..

I can see us baby on the beach hand in hand,
rockin' to and fro with the rhythm of the ocean..
Baby won't you say you and me we'll be going?
Ooooo, I can almost feel my toes in the sand,
All I want for Christmas is a real good tan..

Don't worry baby, we'll celebrate plenty,
I'll buy you some shades and a brand new bikini..
We won't have to worry about the holiday rush,
it'll be you and me fallin' deeper in love..

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
I've never been a person that likes getting things - I like giving presents instead. The only thing I would want this year is the Canon PowerShot G9.

Don't do it! Spend a little more and get a digital SLR. I think the Canon Rebel XTi is around $550 at Best Buy. The XT could be cheaper. Then you got yourself a camera!

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
They are still in shock from last night. :wink:

I am trying to figure out what to get my dad for Christmas (he is 58). Someone suggested a George Foreman outdoor grill. He is a bachelor and lives in an apartment in AZ. In other words, no gas grills allowed and he doesn't cook in the kitchen much.

Anyone have one of these or any suggestions?

Last edited:

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
My wife and I have more fun buying for the kids in our family.

We'll probably go out after the New Year and get something for each other.

She really wants a Wii. So, if we can find one of those we'll probably get it. I still want my 360 though.

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny
To spend some quality time with our families and friends that we may not get to see all the time. Good food and great times.

Good call. Most of what I want is high tech toys that are just a tad too expensive. I'm lucky if I see my siblings 2 or 3 times a year, so i'm looking forward to spending Christmas day with my family, having a few cold ones and watching whatever we can find for sports on TV that afternoon/night.

loboclone

Aug 8, 2006
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Taking my wife to Vegas Classic.....................all I want for Xmas is for her to leave me alone as I drink excessively due to my clones playing terrible bball. Drinking will be more fun for me, please Dear wife ...........no ********, it's Vegas.

MJAnderson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2007
Jamal Tinsley caliber point guard. Is that too much to ask!?!

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Don't do it! Spend a little more and get a digital SLR. I think the Canon Rebel XTi is around $550 at Best Buy. The XT could be cheaper. Then you got yourself a camera!

The problem with that is you have the huge size and the masivly expensive lenses. I would get the Nixon D40X but I want something with RAW abilities and that has non-noisy pics up to ISO 400 at the minimum AND that is still somewhat pocketable for taking to CF things. A DSLR is great and very versatile but impracticle for taking a lot of places (especially games). It's good but you can't rely on the kit lense for too much and the price would be around $800-$1000 for the body and two good lenses.

I'll get a DSLR but it'll probably be more for nature shots and things like that rather than the everyday camera taht I want for the site. I'll have to wait on that for a year or two.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
1. Family Health (big deal recently)
2. Family and Friends get to get together on Xmas night (fairly new tradition)
3. My Mrs. as Mrs. Claus.
4. Tony Romo jersey (blue shoulders, white body)
5. golf lessons (just for you ChadM).

-keep.

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
The problem with that is you have the huge size and the masivly expensive lenses. I would get the Nixon D40X but I want something with RAW abilities and that has non-noisy pics up to ISO 400 at the minimum AND that is still somewhat pocketable for taking to CF things. A DSLR is great and very versatile but impracticle for taking a lot of places (especially games). It's good but you can't rely on the kit lense for too much and the price would be around $800-$1000 for the body and two good lenses.

I'll get a DSLR but it'll probably be more for nature shots and things like that rather than the everyday camera taht I want for the site. I'll have to wait on that for a year or two.

I got a Sony Cybers shot with a Carl Zeis lense just waiting for you.:wink:

The standard lense with a DSLR will be far better than the one given with the Powershot. I guess I'm biased. I went through this same thing a few years ago and now I want a DSLR and to get rid of my Sony!

Mrs.ISUFan22

Dec 11, 2006
Grimes, IA
I would like my Christmas ornament that I get every year. I think I'll have 10 of them this year.

Spending time with family and friends. Oh and to make it through the holidays this year. I'm still contemplating why I volunteered to make Christmas dinner for 24 people this year.

Oh and we need a new car, one of our cars is coming up on it's lease so that's the big gift to each other this year. :tongue:

CyGal - I have a good hairstylist that I've been going to for almost a year now. He's fast and cheap.

Mrs.

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Spending time with family and friends. Oh and to make it through the holidays this year. I'm still contemplating why I volunteered to make Christmas dinner for 24 people this year.

Holy Crap. You must have a huge family! I am freaking about about having possibly 6-10 people at our house!

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
See I've never been a fan of Sony cameras. It's a lot like Panasonic - they use amazing lenses but don't have good enough sensors to get the job done. The G9 is far different than the other Powershots. I use dpreview.com for a lot of the sample pics but obviously there's about 5 or 6 good sites to draw info from.

I would love a DSLR - just not as my everyday camera. They are by far the best - but not practical for every situation. Realistically, they are far more than needed for most tasks. It's similar to the megapixel issue - 6mp is really all that's needed for most average consumers but the cameras keep trying to put more and more mpxls on the same size sensors and it creates noise that makes them less useful than a 6mp with the same sensor.

Mrs.ISUFan22

Dec 11, 2006
Grimes, IA
Holy Crap. You must have a huge family! I am freaking about about having possibly 6-10 people at our house!

I already did the 10 people gathering for my side of the family for Thanksgiving. Christmas is the hubby's side of the family and you could say that it's rather large. :wideeyed:

Mrs.