Agents of S.H.I.E.LD.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
How is that? Her anarchist turned good character origin(Never been done before right?). I can hack the highest level of computer security with my iPhone schtick? Her "I need to find my parents" storyline retread that is just crap? Or the fact that she is really not that sympathetic or likeable, and yet the show is centered on her? She seemed to be the proxy for the audience in the first season and that was fine, but now she is just awesome spy girl, Black Widow wannabe? Sorry, that is just terrible show writing.

For all the people saying you dont want Skye in a gym, fine. But you brought in another shield agent that I thought was supposed to be a black version of Ward. Why isn't he running with May? It would make a whole lot more sense, but instead they wedge Super- Skye down the throats of the viewers. She should still be running backup to those two, not basically be on their level.

This show has alot of problems. The Fitz storyline could be good this season and is something they should explore. Ward is an awesome conundrum down in his cell. But based on what I saw last year, I expect them to just push those two characters aside and go glitz effects, "Fight the Hydra!" week after week.

then don't watch.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I just disagree with you on just about everything. Maybe this show just isnt for you.

I like the ideas in concept, and occasionally the show knocks it out of the park. I just think they are advancing Skye far too quickly down the road to stardom. Triplett seems like a great character, but they are using him like the A Team used Face. IE not.

My problem with not watching this is I want it to succeed, but I also want it to be good. Do you think if people stop watching and it fails it will be blamed on bad writing and scripting, or on this"media not working on the small screen"? There are tons of examples of successes like Arrow that show this should work, but you never know with studio heads trying to justify a failure.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I like the ideas in concept, and occasionally the show knocks it out of the park. I just think they are advancing Skye far too quickly down the road to stardom. Triplett seems like a great character, but they are using him like the A Team used Face. IE not.

My problem with not watching this is I want it to succeed, but I also want it to be good. Do you think if people stop watching and it fails it will be blamed on bad writing and scripting, or on this"media not working on the small screen"? There are tons of examples of successes like Arrow that show this should work, but you never know with studio heads trying to justify a failure.

Arrow is a standalone. The difficulty with AOS is that they are trying to stand mostly alone, but also tie into the movies. Thats not an easy feat and it will have bumps along the way. Honestly, I mostly tune Skye out at this time. I care more about the other characters.

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
Arrow is a standalone. The difficulty with AOS is that they are trying to stand mostly alone, but also tie into the movies. Thats not an easy feat and it will have bumps along the way. Honestly, I mostly tune Skye out at this time. I care more about the other characters.

Exactly. There has never been a show like AOS that relies so heavily on a separate medium (i.e., cinema). Period. Arrow is completely independent of the DC movies (which are in turn independent from one another). The MCU is way more complex (and a much cooler endeavor imo). That is one of the main reasons AOS developed so slowly in season 1. It was basically treading water until the release of Cap 2. Once it was free to fully explore what would be the main story arc of the season it really took off. Since it is running pretty much independent of the cinematic circuit this season, I expect it to be much better from start to finish, but also look forward to see how they will tie Season 3 in with the impending release of Avengers: Age of Ultron.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines

So, I would buy this more if it wasn't for a couple things:
1) The show has noticeably improved the more it's been forced to tie in with the movies. The direct Winter Soldier tie-ins were the high point of season 1, and even the two Thor tie-ins were improvements over the episodes around them. The show actually struggled more when it had more flexibility to determine it's own direction.
2) The movie tie-in stuff only really affects how the show is plotted. It really shouldn't be used as an excuse for the awful/non-existent character development that hampered the show early on. It's a fair criticism to say they could have crafted better characters to play in that sandbox.

The one thing I do think the movie tie-in might have handicapped them with: For as fun as he is as a supporting guy, I think maybe Clark Gregg isn't really meant to be anchor of an action series.

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
Ho lee **** this season is awesome so far and then they drop the Simmons bombshell in the teaser. Looking forward to finding out what's going on with her and the Kraken next week.

mapnerd

Aug 17, 2006
Ames
Ho lee **** this season is awesome so far and then they drop the Simmons bombshell in the teaser. Looking forward to finding out what's going on with her and the Kraken next week.

I agree. It's been a fun ride so far.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Loved the reveal of Skye's father this week. Also, I'd forgotten that "Flowers" was special too.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Did I sleep through this? Who is it?

Well to be fair they didn't say it explicitly but this guy mentioned at the very end of the episode to "Flowers" that he would tell her more about the obelisk if she brought him his daughter.

Kyle-Maclachlan-001.jpg

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
Well we got two shockers, not only is Raina Sky's Sister, Simmonds joined Hydra.

This season has really picked up where we have left off.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Well, this show has proceeded exactly like many people predicted with the official reveal of the Kree last week and now the obvious references to Skye being inhuman.

mapnerd

Aug 17, 2006
Ames
I've enjoyed this show recently. I'm really excited to see where it will go. I wonder if any of these characters will end up in the Marvel movies?

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
I've enjoyed this show recently. I'm really excited to see where it will go. I wonder if any of these characters will end up in the Marvel movies?

I doubt it, although Sitwell the former Hydra spy was in both the show and Captain America 2. I think Skye will be inhuman but not an inhuman royal family member and the Inhuman movie will probably focus on them.