Adios, LaFuente

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Still miss O'Malleys. Great, dark restaurant. Loved the Alcoholicos Anonymos print they had about the tapped beer.
Loved getting a fried egg on top of some of their specialties.

Don't forget all the servers were sorority girls.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I totally missed this news/thread. :(

I was at ISU 2001-2005 and went to La Fuente many times. I thought it'd been there longer, though.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
I think, for anyone who went to college in the late 90s/early 00s, La Fuente HAS to be integral to some of your memories. I had my 23rd birthday there, and also had my bachelorette party meal there (so we could start off with a fishbowl margarita).

I have only one La Fuente memory. I was "sort of" seeing this girl and we went to dinner there. Dinner and a few drinks, and then she dropped me off at Dean's List for Friday night with the crew. After an hour or two, her actual boyfriend showed up at Dean's List for a quick chat with me. It wasn't pleasant, but there were no injuries.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I have only one La Fuente memory. I was "sort of" seeing this girl and we went to dinner there. Dinner and a few drinks, and then she dropped me off at Dean's List for Friday night with the crew. After an hour or two, her actual boyfriend showed up at Dean's List for a quick chat with me. It wasn't pleasant, but there were no injuries.

Yikes. That's ROUGH. Hopefully he got bounced before things got bad.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Ate there once. Place had a bad smell due to wet carpet. Next tenants really need to just gut the place and start fresh.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I didn't even know there was a new restaurant there :confused:
It wasn't there long, if you blinked you may have missed it. You didn't miss much though, we gave it a few chances but it was just ok at best.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
This bump is opening up bad wounds. Miss La Fuente, even though El Azteca is much better.

Every college kid should have experienced the Margarita Challenge.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I love gyros with a passion, so I hope they're great! They sound determined and creative.

I also hope they can fix it so that the basement doesn't constantly smell overwhelmingly of urine, like it did at Fuente. If so, I think they've got a great idea!

ISUKing

Apr 27, 2010
Ankeny, IA
I love gyros with a passion, so I hope they're great! They sound determined and creative.

I also hope they can fix it so that the basement doesn't constantly smell overwhelmingly of urine, like it did at Fuente. If so, I think they've got a great idea!

Not having a double monster margarita challenge should help with this

• Funny
Reactions: alarson and Angie