41 year old leaves family for 18 year old student

LZclone

Oct 2, 2008
Mahomet IL via Laurens IA
If you haven't linked to the full story from the Modesto Bee... you need to.

Full Story

I'm... well 41. I teach High School. There are alot of 'cute' girls in High School. Well lets be honest, some are just plain 'hot', I always appreciate '80's day during homecoming. I went to school during the 80's and trust me, girls did not dress the way they do now.

With that being said...

He has left his wife and children, one of whom is a junior at Enochs.

I have a daughter... I am pretty much prepping myself for her 'dating', the young lad will know that I am a gun enthusiast, he will probably learn that my 1st Birthday present was a stainless steel S&W Model 60 .357 magnum (I will probably be cleaning it when he comes to pick her up). I can't see myself asking him 'who the hotties are?' Asking my daughter "if she has any friend that are 'available'"

"Her mother found an estimated 8,000 text messages between the teacher and student going back through the summer. In the fall, about 32 texts a day, starting at 6 a.m. were recorded, she said."

For the most part I hate send 'a' text message. 8,000? 32 a day? This guy is going to have problems opening jars later in life doing that.

Hooker and Jordan Powers said their relationship was strictly teacher-student until mid-December, when they started talking more frequently and then dated. "I just kind of knew that she's the one," he said.

Huh? The 'one' what? The one teen that isn't interested in Justin Bieber? The one you could talk about the Cold War with the Soviet Union with... wait, the U.S.S.R. did not exist in her lifetime, the one you could listen to music with... how do you chose Key$ha or Bon Jovi?, 50 Cent or RUN DMC?, Michael Jackso..... ok bad example

Hooker confirmed Tuesday that he remains the object of a police probe. He said he is confident he will be cleared of accusations that any physical relationship started while Powers was a minor.

I know California is like another country, but in most states (except maybe West Virginia, had to get a dig on the new guys) being and 'Adult' does not release a teacher from a relationship... Legal age in IL is 17, in Iowa it is 16... but that is if you are having sex with someone your age... not teaching them!

For the record... 1/2 + 7 = 27 to 28. This ****** is off a few years.

I mean really, she can't legally drink for 3 years!

And just because... here is a post on mom's facebook page

Parents need to set the example. You think it is OK to shack up with your boyfriend in front of your kids and think it is OK because "we are engaged." You are having sex without being married in front of your kids, but that is OK. Your daughter is just taking it to another level. I am not approving what happened but you need to take some responsibility. In life you reap what you sow and it gets worse with the next generation. Children learn more from what you do than what you say. What kind of example have you set over the 18 years of her life? You have had a MAJOR influence in this happening. Parents are to be role models. What kind of role model have you been? I don't think your pictures on facebook portray a decent respectable mother.

I may have to stop watching 'Days of our Lives' in leu of this type of stuff

Last edited:

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
For the most part I hate send 'a' text message. 8,000? 32 a day? This guy is going to have problems opening jars later in life doing that.

Not much of a surprise though, if the girl is anything like my sister (a few years younger than this girl at 14), she probably texts a lot.... ive had to help my sister delete messages because she sent so many her phone started to freeze up. Thousands a month easily.

fatkid1974

Apr 3, 2010
van down by the river
A very good friend of mine made this comment in passing one day. "If you ever want to feel old, think back to the last time you had sex with a teenager." Apparently this guy talked to my buddy.

Unfortunately, I know a guy that was going to leave his wife of 20 + years to hook up with his stepson's daughter after they separated. Fortunately, she told him to pound sand and he had to go crawling home. That would have been a great Springer episode.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
No pics yet? Jeesh.

article-2108725-11FD4805000005DC-353_306x423.jpg

I would.

I'd tap that.

James Hooker, California High School Teacher, Leaves Job And Family For Former Student

Check this out...shes got a bit of a bear trap goin on in her mouth. Eck. As a high school business teacher, I dont see how this could happen. Its just not something that would run through my head.