Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
I feel like we keep circling back to Hoiberg leaving prohms cupboard bare in his 3rd year.
3rd year? Im still blaming him for last season. Coaching the bulls and then nebraska be damned. Its his fault CSP is dealing with this mess.

Clyde4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2018
Paul’s results in his first four years were fine. The issue was the roster was terrible in year 5 due to his terrible recruiting. That is certainly not the case in CMC’s 5th year. The talent is there and the players are listening to him. I don’t believe that we had a single player out due to COVID. The players believe in him.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: flycy and aauummm

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
I’m sorry but this is a stupid thread. People seem to forget how awful of shape Rhodes left this program. 3-9 the first year and then every year since has been pretty freaking good. I have no issue with expecting more from this team because I definitely did, but we are in significantly better shape than Rhodes had this program in

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
CMC is definitely a better coach than CPR. But his inability to beat Iowa, the team seeming unprepared for the season start, and the team seeming unprepared for bowl games need to be addressed. I don't get it. 7-6 last year was a travesty. If this talented team struggles to get 6 wins, so disappointing and 100% on CMC.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Boy.... we really need to put a hurting on Tech or this place is gonna get really weird.

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014
I'm old enough to remember when we were told those 2012, 2013 teams were loaded with talent and the coaching teams were very excited about them.

At this point, I'll believe it when I see it

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
This went exactly how I imagined. I provided no context and made no judgement yet the majority of this thread jumped all over it. Most of you assumed I was advocating for CPR over CMC. Not a chance. Numbers are still numbers.
Your numbers were wrong, and the title of the thread was to bait people.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
If you throw out each coach's first season, which is almost always a crapshoot no matter what coach you want to talk about, the records tip heavily in Campbell's favor

Campbell 23 Wins, 17 Conference Wins
Rhoads 17 Wins, 9 Conference Wins

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
CMC is definitely a better coach than CPR. But his inability to beat Iowa, the team seeming unprepared for the season start, and the team seeming unprepared for bowl games need to be addressed. I don't get it. 7-6 last year was a travesty. If this talented team struggles to get 6 wins, so disappointing and 100% on CMC.

I thought ISU was well prepared for the first two bowl games under CMC although the lack of fundamentals came back to bite them in the Alamo Bowl, but those were evident throughout that season.

Same with last year and then Notre Dame was just a different level of athlete and were honed in. ISU could have played really well but still likely gets beat by at least 2 TDs going away.

• Agree
Reactions: 83cy and JM4CY

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I thought ISU was well prepared for the first two bowl games under CMC although the lack of fundamentals came back to bite them in the Alamo Bowl, but those were evident throughout that season.

Same with last year and then Notre Dame was just a different level of athlete and were honed in. ISU could have played really well but still likely gets beat by at least 2 TDs going away.
I see the ND game as the only one where we looked like we didn’t show up or prepared for.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
This went exactly how I imagined. I provided no context and made no judgement yet the majority of this thread jumped all over it. Most of you assumed I was advocating for CPR over CMC. Not a chance. Numbers are still numbers.

We need to stop assuming the worst when we don't know the details, stop judging others, and understand even though we're all fanatics that this is a game.

I don't know if it's my age, the pandemic, 2020, the garage game, or what, but for some reason I stopped caring as much. I wish I hadn't, but the reality is we can't control any of it.
This is just dumb. You don't post something like this after a bad loss without knowing exactly what the implication is. Unless you're a complete idiot, and I don't believe you're that dumb.

You don't want reactions like this? Then don't post stuff like this without any explanation

Last edited: