25 sweetest wins of the decade ...

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Tom Cruise was the first thread on CF that went completely off topic and just random posts to something upwards of a thousand posts. It started with an article about Tom Cruise building a secret bunker in case of, I don't know, the end of the world or something.

It was also the first major thread deletion, meaning you won't find it anywhere. Legend has it that one moderator printed the whole thing out and wall papered his room with it, to this day all other moderators take a secret oath to never mention it or the location of the secret room.

The Mook

Jun 26, 2008
Ankeny, IA
www.twitter.com
Back to the original topic ...

I am very surprised that the 2000 CU game came in at #21. We had lost 16 straight games to the Buffs! THAT'S MORE THAN WE LOST TO IOWA! It also allowed us to elevate our bowl status considerably. I for one will never forget my experience in Phoenix that year and this game was HUGE in getting us there. We could have easily ended up in Houston at the Galleryfurniture.com Bowl or in the SNOW in Shreveport!

I could not find 20 bigger wins that this one in the last decade. It is firmly placed at #15 on my list and I think I might have put it a little low.

FWIW, I love WRNL and these lists

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
Am I the only one that finds it comical that someone is endeavoring to pick the 25 "sweetest wins" of the decade in a decade that only produced 55 total wins?

Can one of every two wins seriously be considered "sweet"...especially with some of the dogs we have scheduled in the non-conference season?

But, looking on the bright side, we only won 27 total games in the prior decade (14 by Walden in the first 5 years and 13 by McCarney in the last 5 years).

Hopefully, at the end of this decade we will have roughly doubled our number of wins again...100 wins or so this decade...now, THAT would be SWEET!

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Am I the only one that finds it comical that someone is endeavoring to pick the 25 "sweetest wins" of the decade in a decade that only produced 55 total wins?

Can one of every two wins seriously be considered "sweet"...especially with some of the dogs we have scheduled in the non-conference season?

But, looking on the bright side, we only won 27 total games in the prior decade (14 by Walden in the first 5 years and 13 by McCarney in the last 5 years).

Hopefully, at the end of this decade we will have roughly doubled our number of wins again...100 wins or so this decade...now, THAT would be SWEET!

It's amazing how you just can't please everybody.

Just a few weeks ago you had people complaining that someone would have the gall to make a list of "The 25 Most Painful Losses", and instead ISU fans should do something positive towards ISU football, and this week you now have people complaining about how someone would have the gall to make a list of "The 25 Sweetest Wins" because how can you possibly make a valid list when there's only 55 wins to choose from. Some people are truly unbelievable...

:wacko:

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Unfortunately our writer for "25 Sweetest Wins" was unable to perform last night and we will have to miss a day. Look for a double feature tomorrow morning with the next 10 Sweetest Wins (11-20).

HawkFanISUalum

May 17, 2009
Iowa City, IA
Does anyone remember how many yards Seneca actually ran on that "12-yard run"? I thought when it happened, someone said about 50 yards total, but can't remember. He was definitely fun to watch.

StevieISU23

Oct 31, 2007
Urbandale
Any way that we could get a quick text format on the forum. The file attachment/nattylight won't open up for some users.

Thanks.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Does anyone remember how many yards Seneca actually ran on that "12-yard run"? I thought when it happened, someone said about 50 yards total, but can't remember. He was definitely fun to watch.
Just watching the video, it had to be more than that. He damn near went sideline to sideline, ran forwards, backwards, through the crowd, grabbed a quick beer out of the parking lot, and still scampered in.

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Just watching the video, it had to be more than that. He damn near went sideline to sideline, ran forwards, backwards, through the crowd, grabbed a quick beer out of the parking lot, and still scampered in.
The most impressive part of that game was the pimp suit Seneca's dad was wearing in the crowd.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006

I thought I remembered hearing a number closer to 110 yards. No matter what it was, that was the single most impressive play I have ever seen on a football field live and in person.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

~ 135.

Backward: ~20
Forward: ~30
Left hash to right sideline: ~33
Right sideline to left sideline: ~53

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
I thought I remembered hearing a number closer to 110 yards. No matter what it was, that was the single most impressive play I have ever seen on a football field live and in person.

I think this is correct. I remember rthe TV commentator said it must be at least 100 yards (unfortunately I wasn't at the game)