2020 Big 12 Championship Game Computer Projection

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Not sure what to think about Texas having a lot of time off before this game. Rust vs. a ton of time to prepare for us and get healthy. Hopefully we maybe can jump on them early as they work themselves back into a rhythm.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Not sure what to think about Texas having a lot of time off before this game. Rust vs. a ton of time to prepare for us and get healthy. Hopefully we maybe can jump on them early as they work themselves back into a rhythm.
Hopefully we are hitting our stride now instead of October. If so, it should favor us. We gave them some new things to worry about yesterday, so that helps.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Remember two years ago we went down there and had to play without David Montgomery the entire first half serving that BS suspension

Oh yeah, the one where he just had to lay down after getting sucker punched or he misses half a game for reacting like any normal human being would have?

Great fair application of rules there.

I'm surprised in all of sports that crooked coaches don't send third stringers out to get star players ejected more often. It'd be really easy in basketball. The San Antonio Spurs won an NBA championship they didn't deserve with that approach.

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
. . . But they were preparing for Kansas last week. Not really that much additional prep for ISU.

• Haha
Reactions: flycy

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I see I was right when I told the kids that NE and OU would pass us in the rankings. At least in the coaches. I see Kirk put his hawks at 25. Does he get a bonus for being ranked?

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
SIAP, but how would things change if our game Friday had to be canceled due to covid? Not at all what I want, of course, just trying to consider all possibilities. Would that then mean we'd be in with a win vs West Virginia?

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
SIAP, but how would things change if our game Friday had to be canceled due to covid? Not at all what I want, of course, just trying to consider all possibilities. Would that then mean we'd be in with a win vs West Virginia?
Yes we would be. If it got cancelled and we lost to WV things get dicey.

My question is what happens if the ISU/Texas game has Covid issues? Does it get rescheduled to the 12th and the league cancels the Texas/Kansas game?

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Yes we would be. If it got cancelled and we lost to WV things get dicey.

My question is what happens if the ISU/Texas game has Covid issues? Does it get rescheduled to the 12th and the league cancels the Texas/Kansas game?
That would be my guess of what would happen.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
In a Blum/CW pod a week or two ago then went over tiebreakers in scenarios in which all teams didn’t play all games. I couldn’t totally track it but my take away is that how the Big 12 would handle it is extremely screwy and leaving it up to that system to decide whether or not we get to play in the CCG would undoubtedly have a high chance of us getting f*cked.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
In a Blum/CW pod a week or two ago then went over tiebreakers in scenarios in which all teams didn’t play all games. I couldn’t totally track it but my take away is that how the Big 12 would handle it is extremely screwy and leaving it up to that system to decide whether or not we get to play in the CCG would undoubtedly have a high chance of us getting f*cked.

The ACC has a similar procedure in place in case of "unbalanced" records.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL

bthebutcher

Sep 8, 2015
I changed my code to correctly break the scoring differential tiebreaker between ISU/OU/OSU instead of flipping a coin, since we now know ISU and OU win that tiebreaker at 1st and 2nd respectively.

Instead of ISU's odds if they beat Texas and lose to WV being 98.9%, they're actually 99.7%.
This is really awesome stuff. Would you be willing to share your code? Either publicly (e.g. GitHub) or privately? I'm a professional statistician and just very curious :)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron