2019 season projection

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
I think I need some help. I need someone to talk me down. I fully believe we will win 10 games and go to the big 12 title game. I have always been very realistic when it comes to ISU football, but in my head I can't help but feel this is crazy. That would be the best season in history by a long shot. It has to be dumb to feel this strongly about something that has never happened in the history of the program. People ask how I think we will be and I say 8-4 because I don't want to say it out loud. Tell me I'm crazy.

• Agree
Reactions: wgleason

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
9-3 with losses to Baylor, OU and Texas. Similar to Twins, but we're due to beat Iowa.

I think we're better than Baylor, I just don't like that road game as our very first conference game.

Oklahoma will be the class of the league again. If Hurts is integrated well they'll contend for the NC again.

Texas at home in November will be the golden opportunity.

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
9-4. Losses to Iowa, Baylor, Oklahoma and Texas. Win the bowl game but one year away from a conference championship game
we beat Iowa this year, we beat Baylor in a blowout this year. and beat either UT or OU this year losing the CCG though.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
We probably end up around the same as last year. If you’re smoking that 10 win crack put the pipe down.

The 8-4/9-3 range is still good for us considering what we've been through. And obviously I'll be ecstatic if we can break through and get that 10th win.

My dream scenario is to jump UT and get into the Sugar Bowl (assuming OU makes the playoff). But I'd be just fine with a return trip to San Antonio

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
7-9 wins.

The UNI game won't tell how the season will go but if there's at least a push up front from the Oline it's a good sign.

Hot take prediction: if ISU gets off to a slower start than some assume, there will be a post or thread playing the 'what if?' on giving CPR another season. I think that's seriously happened each of the last 3 seasons.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I think 9-3 is the ceiling, unless the oline is good for a change then maybe 10.
Shockingly, it appears that the o-line is going to be good for a change.

I think our offense is going to take a big step forward. Paired with a dominant defense, that makes for substantially more that the 8-4 nutcups people keep tossing out.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014

I think our offense is going to take a big step forward. Paired with a dominant defense, that makes for substantially more that the 8-4 nutcups people keep tossing out.

The way the staff talks about the oline has me optimistic they have finally turned the corner. This staff doesn't sugarcoat.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

Don’t let the smoke blow up your ass. No one knows yet about the o-line. There’s always one thing that everyone is “shocked” about each season. Just wait for it... I’ll give you the thread titles:

“I thought the o line was supposed be good?”

“Online underperforming?”

“Randy said the o line was going to better?”

“O line?”

And then people will be angry that they believed some guy with a website or a radio show or some writer from the dying DSM Register about the o line.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Don’t let the smoke blow up your ass. No one knows yet about the o-line. There’s always one thing that everyone is “shocked” about each season. Just wait for it... I’ll give you the thread titles:

“O line?”

And then people will be angry that they believed some guy with a website or a radio show or some writer from the dying DSM Register about the o line.
Yep. And those rype of thread titles were based on fan assumptions, hopes and expectations—not on what the staff was telling us.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
As long as we are playing meaningful games in November with a chance at a conference title game I am happy. Let the chips fall where they may. Our defense will put us in a position to win every single game on the schedule. Difference between a 10-2 or 7-5 season will be a handful of critical plays in critical moments.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

“O line?”

I'll mix my previous assumptions for hot takes:

'Were CPR's O-lines better after 4 years?'

• Creative
Reactions: Cat Stevens