11:00 AM Kickoff

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
This could get interesting
a. There is a post on a KSU board that ISU/KSU/NCAA and B12 are meeting about what to do. Conccerned they cannot get the game started or finished. (And even beyond that having 50,000 plus out if the stronger weather hits.)
b. This backs up what I heard this morning that yesterday the NWS told ISU to either have a mandatory evacuation plan ready, or cancel the game.

It will be fluid at the very least.

What???? Cancel the game? Sure that's going to happen.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
KCCI seems to have a different outlook:

aV9qh.jpg

GA8QG.jpg

hf9VT.jpg

3TquL.jpg

Mega Doppler Radar > Super Doppler Radar

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines
KCCI seems to have a different outlook:

That would be a coarser resolution model, meaning everything gets smeared out more.

Still showing the same general idea, though I believe there will be a slightly more pronounced break than what is shown there.

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines
Regarding what I posted from our model...

I am fairly comfortable with that story, although the break may not be quite as dead quiet from 11AM to 2, but should definitely be much better during the game than before and perhaps after, though greatest afternoon severe threat may be east of I35.

clonefan10

May 30, 2012
Des Moines
I'm more inclined to agree with FDWxMan. As a completely unbiased tv viewer--13 usually does better with severe weather coverage. Also their directing, camera and audio work is impeccable.

PS I love the 11 am kick. I'm off work at 10 am on Saturdays and it's nice to not have to wait till 2:30 or 6 for the game to start.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
I'm curious what the resident meteorologists are thinking for lightning forecast on tomorrow. Weather.gov lists thunderstorms all afternoon. Would that present the possibility we might have potential for a serious delay?

If it happens it will happen at the worst possibel time for isu. When we are driving down the field and in the red zone and they are scrambling to sub players. or right as the ball is snapped and we hit a field goal, they call it back becasue they called for weather right as we snapped.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
If it happens it will happen at the worst possibel time for isu. When we are driving down the field and in the red zone and they are scrambling to sub players. or right as the ball is snapped and we hit a field goal, they call it back becasue they called for weather right as we snapped.

Are you thinking it will be as abrupt as this:

[video=youtube;XclGHdKljG4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XclGHdKljG4[/video]

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
This could get interesting
a. There is a post on a KSU board that ISU/KSU/NCAA and B12 are meeting about what to do. Conccerned they cannot get the game started or finished. (And even beyond that having 50,000 plus out if the stronger weather hits.)
b. This backs up what I heard this morning that yesterday the NWS told ISU to either have an evaculation evacuation plan ready, or request/consider cancelling the game.

It will be fluid at the very least.

The NWS has no jurisdiction in the matter.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I'm glad they mix it up. JP has done a great job with that. Sat night games, day games, morning games. Even Thu night and Fri night games. A good variety, and JP doesn't turn down an opportunity for national exposure.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I'm glad they mix it up. JP has done a great job with that. Sat night games, day games, morning games. Even Thu night and Fri night games. A good variety, and JP doesn't turn down an opportunity for national exposure.

JP has nothing to do with game times except for games against FCS opponents and moving season kickoffs 2006-2010 to Thursday nights.

Help Support Us

Become a patron