***NCAA Second Round: (7) Iowa State at (2) Stanford [Sun., 9:00 CT]***

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Exactly! How is that not a technical foul? Wild.

The officiating was wildly inconsistent though it seemed like Stanford could assault us in lane without getting a foul called. Brink whining about her 5th foul which was like 3 different fouls was something.
Yeah she was draped all over Audi all night. She was not vertical at all

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Tbf I don’t watch much women’s hoops and I probably won’t but the whining is out of control. In the small amount I do watch I see tons of it.
It’s horrible. But it’s horrible in men’s too. ISU teams don’t whine much at all.

Don’t expect that to change in WBB when the biggest star in the sport is as whiny as they get.

OKClones

Dec 12, 2019
I would think officials would appreciate how Iowa State reacts when a foul is called on them. There’s no reaction.
Stanford the complete opposite especially Brink. That has to get old for the officials putting up with that behavior.

caulkasian

Dec 26, 2018
Sure, it should have been a T in any other situation. But it had no actual impact on the game. So I can’t get too mad about it. At worst, maybe the refs should have made them call a TO to cover them not wanting to call that.
I mean, last I recall a T is free throws, but with the way they were shooting, maybe not. At this point it's just another reason I welcome generative AI / robot refs

• Winner
Reactions: CYDJ

swclone11

Feb 17, 2024
It’s horrible. But it’s horrible in men’s too. ISU teams don’t whine much at all.

Don’t expect that to change in WBB when the biggest star in the sport is as whiny as they get.
I think we benefit from being in the Big 12 for the men where the top teams aren't very whiny - its your K-State, Texas, etc. For the women, the top teams are pretty whiny about the calls. There's tons of teams that aren't too, it just gets lost in the muddle because they're generally that second tier. Virginia Tech, NC State, that kind of group.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Our future is so bright that it will get a lot of attention, but I just want to take a moment to give flowers to our two departing seniors in Ny and Hannah. Ny didn't have the best year this year, but she added a spark and seemed to always be there for the team as a leader and has grown this program in ways we may not understand. Not to mention that her clutch shots against Maryland likely kept us in that game. And Hannah, boy, has a women's basketball D2 transfer ever had so much impact in one season? She was a sharpshooter, but my god was she tough, too. It seemed like she grew so much through this year too, I am crushed we can't have her for another season. Just two tremendous Cyclones that I am proud have represented the university in such brilliant capacities.

Hannah is the definition of an ISU player in BF's system. Would of loved to see her at ISU for her whole career.

Ernie D

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2019
I know you’re telling fibs again, because Fennelly teams don’t try to play tough D. You’d never see a Cyclone big in Hilton double-arm-slapping an opponent’s arms on every one of their shot attempts.
Stanford thinks this game was rough, they haven't seen anything if they end up playing Texas. That will be only time I will cheer for Texas in my life.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Not even mad. What a great season by the staff, and team. That was a heck of a game we just watched it was really entertaining.
At the beginning of the yr my hopes were above .500 and watch them improve during the season. The team did that and so much more this yr. They played with joy and it showed. Been many years since I've enjoyed watching a team this much.
It was a great year!!

Cloneman89

Sep 28, 2014
Emily Ryan did all she could. Women need hand strength to hold rebounds and ballet to improve footwork and balance. I was impressed by Bristow and Jackson tonight. Addy can shoot too. If we lose Belanger is that it? Does Natabou have another year?

Reactions: dkdean

swclone11

Feb 17, 2024
Emily Ryan did all she could. Women need hand strength to hold rebounds and ballet to improve footwork and balance. I was impressed by Bristow and Jackson tonight. Addy can shoot too. If we lose Belanger is that it? Does Natabou have another year?
Natabou has another year. Diew and Belanger are the ones we lose.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

peatyscotch

Feb 16, 2022
So very, very proud of our girls. They way exceeded expectations against Stanford. When it was tied at the end of the third, I thought they could pull this off. They lost to a much higher seed but come back to Ames with their heads held high.

Especially happy for Emily. OMG. 36 point and 9 rebounds. Awesome game.

Can we start next season right now. I am psyched!!

peatyscotch

Feb 16, 2022
Only one negative about this, and previous games. Can we give the whining about refs a break. It is unseemy, and frankly poor sportsmanship. I remember years ago a guy on our team commented that the only time you can complain about refs is when you win - and then you don't care. Give it a break; we are much, much better that than!