***NCAA Second Round: (7) Iowa State at (2) Stanford [Sun., 9:00 CT]***

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
As for Audi. I have a few thoughts. First, she will learn from this. Second, she will be better next year. Third, as I watched the game I felt a big part of her shooting problem was going up with the ball in both hands. It doesn’t allow her to create some space with her other arm. That made it much easier for Brink to stuff her shot. The other aspect of it that may not change is how quick she goes up. I’d like to see her catch and go before the defender can establish position.

The best part? We have really good coaches who know how to develop players.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Right. I'm sort of okay with it if it was to our bench. I'm sure they were jawing at her. But if it was to the official it should have been a T.
Here's the difference in players and their mental makeup. Could you imagine Emily or Audi reacting in that manner? IMO it would never happen. I wondered last night if there would be an apology statement or not due to all the publicity it received. I suspect I’ll be waiting a long time

Freebird

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
That was more like 15 feet on to the court from the coach. She was in the huddle.

Brink saying eff you to the ref (or our bench) within a few feet of the ref too. Yikes...

Saw that during the game. Nice.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Just listened to the CF interview with Crooks and Bristow. Audi's response to the question about fouling out is the perfect example of her maturity and personality.
“What was your reaction to fouling out?"
Audi: “No reaction. You can never have a reaction. I will never have a reaction. Ever. You will not catch me complaining."

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
She definitely said something, but I think it was directed towards the official
She dropped the F bomb, and looking at the video she said it to the ref as she walked by, and they should have given her a technical foul for it. I have seen players get a T for far less than that. You tell an official to F off in most sports and they are flagging you.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
As for Audi. I have a few thoughts. First, she will learn from this. Second, she will be better next year. Third, as I watched the game I felt a big part of her shooting problem was going up with the ball in both hands. It doesn’t allow her to create some space with her other arm. That made it much easier for Brink to stuff her shot. The other aspect of it that may not change is how quick she goes up. I’d like to see her catch and go before the defender can establish position.

The best part? We have really good coaches who know how to develop players.
You see this in both the men's/women's game...kids that had a size advantage in high school, when they get to college, have to learn how to create space, as they didn't really have the necessity to learn that skill in high school.

Reactions: acoustimac

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Just listened to the CF interview with Crooks and Bristow. Audi's response to the question about fouling out is the perfect example of her maturity and personality.
Audi: “No reaction. You can never have a reaction. I will never have a reaction. Ever. You will not catch me complaining."
Oh the shade!

Reactions: WartburgClone

jcf817

Mar 2, 2023
North Carolina
Can we please make her the face of women's college basketball? I'm so tired of the whiners.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
She dropped the F bomb, and looking at the video she said it to the ref as she walked by, and they should have given her a technical foul for it. I have seen players get a T for far less than that. You tell an official to F off in most sports and they are flagging you.
You are getting tossed in almost any contest saying “F you” right to the official.

• Winner
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
So damn proud of the women’s team. They played in one of the best women’s games I have watched.
Now get a strong agile forward next year to complement this team.
TREMENDOUS EFFORTS

Last edited:

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Can we please make her the face of women's college basketball? I'm so tired of the whiners.
Made me think of this - is Brett Yormark wanting Audi to be the face of the Big12 next year?

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Stanford got beat fair and square. They played "Hack-a-Shaq" with Crooks and got away with it all night.

Reactions: riceville98

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015
Maybe you don’t pass it in to Crooks so often with no kick out plan. 3-21 is on the coaches. Definitely the definition of insanity.

• Agree
Reactions: cyputz

Devon

Mar 17, 2014
Great season for our women's team! It's tough enough to play a good team but to beat them down in their home AND against the refs was wonderful to watch. Now, about the finish...
Unbelievable that the refs didn't call a shooting foul or flagrant when their star diva took Crooks to the floor. That should have been (at least) a 2 shot "shooting foul" that would have put our team up by 3 with about 2 minutes to go. OK, so the blind refs miss that......but,
As their diva walks to the bench the cameras clearly catch her walking by the ref and saying "F&*# You" and NO CALL again. Minimum is a technical; maybe as a bench call because now she's fouled out. But the point is they did nothing.
This is what I expected from the trashy pac ten conference players but aren't the refs supposed to have a minimum amount of experience? This shows the sportsmanship being taught at opposing conferences by different coaches. Thank you Bill for teaching character in your team.
Bye bye pac 10.....forever.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Maybe you don’t pass it in to Crooks so often with no kick out plan. 3-21 is on the coaches. Definitely the definition of insanity.
Meh. She simply missed shots she normally would make. She had an off night and they've won more games than lost with that strategy

Had they not thrown it to her than people would be complaining about the lack of touches for Crooks.

Little things hurt ISU in that game. The one play where the ISU player stole the ball, dribbled down court and lost the ball out of bounds as she went in for a lay up (sorry, can't remember her name), for example. There's two points. Not blaming the player at all. Sometimes things happen.

caulkasian

Dec 26, 2018
Just watched the Crooks/Bristow presser. The only thing that would have made it more epic is if they had quoted the Illiad:

Propitious once, and kind! Then welcome fate!
'Tis true I perish, yet I perish great:
Yet in a mighty deed I shall expire,
Let future ages hear it, and admire!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron