***NCAA Second Round: (7) Iowa State at (2) Stanford [Sun., 9:00 CT]***

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
This loss goes on Fennelly. The last play call to Brown was terrible. Continuing to go to Audi when she clearly was not able to score against the Stanford bigs. Refusing to make a change. Finally, got Bristow some looks in the post but it was too late. Bad coaching cost us.
ISU was expected to lose by more than 12. Perhaps good coaching gave Iowa State a chance to win the game.

DGC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 16, 2018
Hell of a game. At halftime I was worried it would end like Middle Tennessee/ LSU. Not too disappointed. Sure feels like that tourney game against Texas A&M Ashley’s junior year. Hopefully the portal dosent hurt us too bad and we will be watching this game in Hilton next year.

shadow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I still can't believe their coach just ran out on the floor lol

Exactly! How is that not a technical foul? Wild.

The officiating was wildly inconsistent though it seemed like Stanford could assault us in lane without getting a foul called. Brink whining about her 5th foul which was like 3 different fouls was something.

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
This loss goes on Fennelly. The last play call to Brown was terrible. Continuing to go to Audi when she clearly was not able to score against the Stanford bigs. Refusing to make a change. Finally, got Bristow some looks in the post but it was too late. Bad coaching cost us.
Gary become an Iowa Fan. No faults on anyone, great game by both teams. Your take could not be any worse. Any Cyclone fan spewing crap like you should be ashamed.

swclone11

Feb 17, 2024
Our future is so bright that it will get a lot of attention, but I just want to take a moment to give flowers to our two departing seniors in Ny and Hannah. Ny didn't have the best year this year, but she added a spark and seemed to always be there for the team as a leader and has grown this program in ways we may not understand. Not to mention that her clutch shots against Maryland likely kept us in that game. And Hannah, boy, has a women's basketball D2 transfer ever had so much impact in one season? She was a sharpshooter, but my god was she tough, too. It seemed like she grew so much through this year too, I am crushed we can't have her for another season. Just two tremendous Cyclones that I am proud have represented the university in such brilliant capacities.

CyState85

May 8, 2019
I was watching on delay but no T for Vanderveer running onto the court and making contact with our players? Seriously what the???

• Agree
Reactions: TrulyCyclone

Ernie D

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2019
Amazing job ladies. They should be nothing but proud. That was unreal and they had a real chance there. Stanford had to make everything to survive that game. Well done ladies. Well done!
Girls have nothing to be sad as they just played a terrific game and if refs would have called fair game we would have won. Yes we missed too many free throws, but Stanford girls were constantly complaining to refs. Still can't beleive they allowed Brink to talk to refs late in game. Actually think she is worse than CC and that is saying alot.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Not even an fing sideline warning. What the actual hell.

Sure, it should have been a T in any other situation. But it had no actual impact on the game. So I can’t get too mad about it. At worst, maybe the refs should have made them call a TO to cover them not wanting to call that.

Reactions: Junejax and NWICY