The MAC cancels its fall football season

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Health experts worry coronavirus could cause lasting heart complications for athletes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...ronavirus-heart-complications/?outputType=amp

But just let them play. Who cares, right? As long as we're all entertained, am I right? I mean schools are going to lose a lot of money.... so these athletes MUST play!!! Football will never be back if we don't play. Jack Trice Stadium will be overgrown with weeds and never used again if we have to take one season off.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Frankly, the more personal experiences people share about the virus, the less scary it becomes. Turn off the national news and actually interact with friends and neighbors, and maybe you will be less frightened.
My fiances friend had to get tested because one of her coworkers had it. Fortunately my fiances friend was negative, but the coworker got it from a family gathering. Pretty much the whole family got it, several got very ill and the coworkers father died from it. Can you believe I don't feel better after hearing that story?

kcbob79clone

So ever since late March and early April when we all knew what was needed to be done.... you think the Republicans and Dems are both at fault? Interesting take.

I said I don't trust politicians. Let me give you a political lesson, crisis emerges and the party not in power blames other party and exaggerates the issue. Party in power tries to downplay it. Both sides view that working together would look bad to part of their base so it won't happen. Let's say party in power loses and the exact same crisis reappears, the roles would exactly reverse. Why I don't like politics, there is a right and a wrong, black and white to our HoKKKs trolls, but politics is whether it is a D or an R.

And if you don't trust the scientists, then don't go to the doctor next time you need medical help, okay? I'm sure hoping it will go away like Trump's plan has been with the Covid virus will work, right? Who needs to go see a doctor? You never know what their motive might be, right?

I usually don't say this but that is an idiotic statement. I merely said I approach scientists with a healthy skepticism. You mentioned doctors office visit and I can quickly find at least 10 drugs developed by scientists, tested by scientists and reviewed by scientists that had to be recalled because the drugs were killing people. When they researched what happened the money to be made by the drug caused these scientists to falsify lab and testing results and in at least one case payouts to gain approval.

And to bring it to March and April like you always want to, we were told by scientists that 2 million in the USA were going to die due to coronavirus.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Basketball with fans isn't going to happen this year unless there's a vaccine and Americans change their mind about being anti vaxers. Something like half of us wouldn't take a vaccine even if we had it and that's not enough to stop the outbreak.

• Agree
Reactions: clonedude

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
And to bring it to March and April like you always want to, we were told by scientists that 2 million in the USA were going to die due to coronavirus.

Dear Lord it's like you've absorbed all the moron talking points. The prediction of that number was a prediction if we did absolutely nothing to mitigate things. seeing what the numbers are even with the mitigation we have taken, that 2 million number if we had done nothing doesn't seem all that far off.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I said I don't trust politicians. Let me give you a political lesson, crisis emerges and the party not in power blames other party and exaggerates the issue. Party in power tries to downplay it. Both sides view that working together would look bad to part of their base so it won't happen. Let's say party in power loses and the exact same crisis reappears, the roles would exactly reverse. Why I don't like politics, there is a right and a wrong, black and white to our HoKKKs trolls, but politics is whether it is a D or an R.

I usually don't say this but that is an idiotic statement. I merely said I approach scientists with a healthy skepticism. You mentioned doctors office visit and I can quickly find at least 10 drugs developed by scientists, tested by scientists and reviewed by scientists that had to be recalled because the drugs were killing people. When they researched what happened the money to be made by the drug caused these scientists to falsify lab and testing results and in at least one case payouts to gain approval.

This was estimated as a result of no mitigation efforts.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

The thing is, we have other countries around the world who have done drastically better than us. This is a clear cut American failure.

We failed and it exposed a flaw in our culture. We confused freedom with lack of responsibility.

Freedom would be handling this in a responsible way so we could have football. We rejected freedom and chose lack of responsibility instead. Actual real freedom takes courage, hard work and sacrifice. Throwing a selfish temper tantrum and rejecting all responsibility takes none of that...it's not true freedom but many of us think it is.

kcbob79clone

Dear Lord it's like you've absorbed all the moron talking points. The prediction of that number was a prediction if we did absolutely nothing to mitigate things. seeing what the numbers are even with the mitigation we have taken, that 2 million number if we had done nothing doesn't seem all that far off.

So then we've done pretty good mitigating the disaster as our current death toll is

<<<<2M

For the nonscientists or nonmathmeticians here the < is the less than symbol so it would be be

much much much much less than 2 million

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
So then we've done pretty good mitigating the disaster as our current death toll is

<<<<2M

For the nonscientists or nonmathmeticians here the < is the less than symbol so it would be be

much much much much less than 2 million

Congrats! You're right, we did better than if we had done absolutely nothing at all.

kcbob79clone

Perfectly said. I wish I could write that well. I can never get down on paper what I want to say... at least in an eloquent manner.

We're so shortsighted and only think about today or tomorrow in this country. Trump and Kimmie both said back in spring when we opened up WAY too early that we couldn't afford to stay closed any longer.... even though many experts and other knowledgable people kept telling them in fact that it was the opposite..... we couldn't afford to open up prematurely. It has cost us WAY more now.... and will continue to into the future because we opened up way too early.

But we only think about the "now".

Clonedude, you are just like the HoKKKs who only believed the few players that said nice things about KirKKK. You believe the experts that you want to believe.

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
Perfectly said. I wish I could write that well. I can never get down on paper what I want to say... at least in an eloquent manner.

We're so shortsighted and only think about today or tomorrow in this country. Trump and Kimmie both said back in spring when we opened up WAY too early that we couldn't afford to stay closed any longer.... even though many experts and other knowledgable people kept telling them in fact that it was the opposite..... we couldn't afford to open up prematurely. It has cost us WAY more now.... and will continue to into the future because we opened up way too early.

But we only think about the "now".
You do realize that even when "closed down" Iowa's workforce is 80%+ essential...unfortunately our leaders were put into no win situation. No matter what the decision, they will be criticized.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Health experts worry coronavirus could cause lasting heart complications for athletes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...ronavirus-heart-complications/?outputType=amp

Saw that earlier about the Red Sox Eduardo Rodriguez. Was glad to read later that he is opting out. Get 100% healthy and come back next year, got the best of his career in front of him. Without an MRI, which us regular Joe's aren't likely to get, they might have just dismissed his heart inflammation as post Covid-19 fatigue etc. Myocarditis is scary stuff.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Clonedude, you are just like the HoKKKs who only believed the few players that said nice things about KirKKK. You believe the experts that you want to believe.

OMG.... I'm sorry... you're just not that intelligent.... I can't help you.

So listening to 98% of the scientists is the wrong thing to do?? Is that what you're telling me? I am not listening to who I want to.... I'm listening to the overwhelmingly majority of scientists, and medical experts in this field.

• Haha
Reactions: IcSyUclone

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
I was told that my fever and symptoms weren't bad enough and that I wasn't old enough. They had enough testing kits but didn't want me potentially infecting anyone.

I rarely get the flu or even a cold and it was only a couple of days and the fever was gone. Must have been a mild case, if it was coronavirus at all. May not have even noticed except was taking temperature daily during the lockdown.
same here never have gotten the flu, most colds are maybe a runny nose/mucus build up a bit. But I got hit by a truck it felt like for over a week with a fever and aches and took about a month to feel back to normal really... yet they weren't testing for it at the time at all.. it's been around here longer then they think it has been and probably a hell of a lot more people have had it then the numbers show, and we were living life still with it before the shutdowns started.

Help Support Us

Become a patron