RECRUITING: Cyclones contact Tamin Lipsey on the first official day of 2022 recruiting

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Babb may have been the best lockdown defender we’ve seen this past decade as well was a heck of a shot behind the 3 pt line

Loved watching Babb on D as he worked so hard at it and was good. You got to see him a lot as he was regularly on the other team's best player. Holding them below their scoring average, or making them take more shots to get it, was a regular thing. As a three point shooter, I remember him as streaky. He could get hot and nail several in a row and in big moments too, but I wouldn't call him one of our all time greats there.

Last edited:

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Does Tyrese Hunter's commitment today impact Lipsey's recruitment at all? I guess if Hunter is as good as advertised he could very well be a one and done and long gone by the time the 2022 season rolls around, but I was just curious what everyone is thinking.
I am going to say that I would absolutely love to see these two playing together, ripping opposing backcourts to shreds.

I remember the last time we had two true point guards starting on the court together. They worked well. This pair would be better.

• Agree
Reactions: Snydes

davehon

Apr 4, 2015
Only means no sports if schools don't get a wavier and all schools will be getting waivers.

• Disagree
Reactions: mj4cy

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Wonder what Lipsey will do with Ames being 100% online now? Could get interesting.
If you are insulating he might transfer schools, IMO basketball is different than football. He can start playing AAU ball in April. From a recruiting standpoint, that is a bigger deal.

Reactions: Drew0311

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Only means no sports if schools don't get a wavier and all schools will be getting waivers.
Incorrect- if a school goes 100% online they cannot participate in sports. This happened in Ames to start the year. Either 100% in-person instruction or hybrid model allows a school to continue to have extracurriculars

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Incorrect- if a school goes 100% online they cannot participate in sports. This happened in Ames to start the year. Either 100% in-person instruction or hybrid model allows a school to continue to have extracurriculars

Again, I think that is if they have the waiver. No one got a waiver early the year.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Again, I think that is if they have the waiver. No one got a waiver early the year.
The “waiver” is for those online hours to count towards the number needed to meet the states guideline of hours taught in the classroom. Ames received a waiver to start the year because the county positivity rate was over 20% but they couldn’t hold extracurriculars. Once they moved to hybrid model they were able to have sports and clubs again.

DM Schools received a waiver for 100% virtual instruction that begins today and goes through the end of the month, but they are not able to hold practices or play games during this time.

SPORTS & ACTIVITIES: Sports and in-person activities may continue through this weekend. There will be no athletic practices or games from November 16-30. Activities that have been taking place virtually may continue to do so

Update: here is what it says on the Ames Schools web site
When a school building has been granted approval from the DE to move into remote learning, the ability for that school to participate in extracurricular activities is suspended for the duration of the period of remote learning. As a result, all practices, competitions, and in-person meetings of any sports, activity, or club will be suspended through the period of remote learning. This will be effective Monday, November 16 for Ames High School.

Last edited:

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Wonder what Lipsey will do with Ames being 100% online now? Could get interesting.
Just read an interesting article about COVID and schools not meeting versus restaurants and bars being open. Turns out schools with proper social distancing in place, are quite safe.

Indoor restaurants and bars, not so much.

Trust people to react bass ackwards.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Just read an interesting article about COVID and schools not meeting versus restaurants and bars being open. Turns out schools with proper social distancing in place, are quite safe.

Honestly most schools that have gone virtual now are having trouble staffing at this point. That's the issue.

• Winner
Reactions: cyputz and mj4cy

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
You mean, besides the fact that kids aren’t learning as well, and a parent has to stay home instead of working?

If there aren't enough teachers and staff, who do you suggest supervise the kids at school?

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
If there aren't enough teachers and staff, who do you suggest supervise the kids at school?

I have four family members in their 60’s who are retired teachers and they have had multiple districts call begging them to sub. The youngest, 62, finally agreed but she probably has more preexisting conditions than the other three.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
From a sport standpoint, there was an article on WHO website that CIML is proposing statewide that HS winter sports not start until Jan 1. Not sure if that means practices or contests, but probably a good idea with family gatherings between T-Giving and New Years to move schedule back.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA

Schools were shown to be relatively safe back in spring/summer when many European and Asian countries had schools opened and weren't finding much transmission among students. I don't know why most of the country continues to ignore this.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron