*** Official Iowa Vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I feel like I see this tweet every year multiple times a year...

I hate when coaches say that. McDermott started saying it every other game his final couple of years.

You get paid good money, you'd better have the damn team ready. If you wanna make excuses for other things, at least come up with something unique.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
A development program who can't keep its core together for more than 1 year at a time? Seems like a winning strategy to me!

Yeah, if we're down again next year because we lost halliburton, at the end of that year we'd be looking back and seeing that 3 of the prior 4 years were bad and the other was a 5th place finish that was one and done in the tournament. The tournament title was fun and all, but if that's the only achievement over a 4 year period, yikes.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Go **** yourself. EVERY kid on the floor tonight has put way more effort into their lives, talent and schooling than you could ever dream of. He's maximized what was given to him - what have YOU ever done? That kid can do things you can only do on your Xbox. Being labelled a great "college" basketball player is the ultimate in respect but you're too ******* stupid to give a competitor any grace.

Wow, triggered much? Calm down. All glory and praise to JorBo for winning his Super Bowl tonight. He called it that, not me. He's been looking forward to this game for two years. Congrats to the kid, I take nothing away from him. They kicked our a** up and down the court. I hope he celebrates, good for him.

But he's just no Niang, Morris, Naz, Thomas, Nader, Burton, Shayok, etc, etc, etc. So he looks kinda dumb talking crap to these guys who are now playing at the highest level of basketball in the world.... that's all. Calm down buddy.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Counterpoint is at the top of your head. And is it ALSO not a fact you are seriously a knob?
Explain why you think Prohm is such a good coach? I can take all the personal insults from someone hiding behind their keyboard, but the point of a forum is to have a discussion. I personally think Prohm is a mid-major coach and I think his in-game coaching and adjustments prove that.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
To say Iowa just wanted it more is complete BS. We didn’t execute for sh!t. Barely any in game adjustments and we don’t exploit things that work. Granted I don’t think we win this game either way because we can’t shoot the ball but the drubbing is inexcusable.

********, how can you watch the games the past 2 years and say that it was lack of execution was the reason we lost?
We were out hustled the whole game, how many offensive rebounds did we get? How many an ones, did ISU have, I remember Iowa getting at least 5. Iowa was 18/20 from the FT line, we were 4/7, 3 pointers Iowa 10/28, ISU 6/26.

They started out feeding Garza, and he was finishing, then when we collapsed on him, they hit from behind the arc. We were lazy the whole game, allowing Garza, to split double teams and give him a path to the basket.

We are a poor shooting three point team and we kept throwing them up, which allowed Iowa to get the rebound and take it down the floor and score.

• Winner
Reactions: clonedude

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Explain why you think Prohm is such a good coach? I can take all the personal insults from someone hiding behind their keyboard, but the point of a forum is to have a discussion. I personally think Prohm is a mid-major coach and I think his in-game coaching and adjustments prove that.

It's pretty obvious from your posts that you're both the smart one and the handsome one. I defer to your superiorness. I'm also a sunshine pumper and methinks your negativity would spoil my day the same way my sunshine outlook ruins yours.

Cheers buddy!

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007

iowa-state-big-12-finals.png

Do you think for a second any of the guys above at that very moment are thinking " D***.....wish we would have beat Iowa"?

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
It's pretty obvious from your posts that you're both the smart one and the handsome one. I defer to your superiorness. I'm also a sunshine pumper and methinks your negativity would spoil my day the same way my sunshine outlook ruins yours.

Cheers buddy!
You didn’t answer my question.