*** Official Iowa Vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Yeah, if we're down again next year because we lost halliburton, at the end of that year we'd be looking back and seeing that 3 of the prior 4 years were bad and the other was a 5th place finish that was one and done in the tournament. The tournament title was fun and all, but if that's the only achievement over a 4 year period, yikes.

It's going to be like this every year unless Prohm can develop some continuity. Haliburton is gone after this year so next years team is starting from scratch again. He either needs to start getting some results with these NBA players he's recruiting in the short time they are here or change his recruiting strategy to try to find 4 year players.

Iowa doesn't have as much raw talent as Iowa State but experience can overcome that in the days of one and dones.

• Informative
Reactions: Lafaester54

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
iowa-state-big-12-finals.png

Do you think for a second any of the guys above at that very moment are thinking " D***.....wish we would have beat Iowa"?
In that moment, I agree with you. But after the season, I guarantee some of them were thinking, “how did we lose to those *******?”

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
********, how can you watch the games the past 2 years and say that it was lack of execution was the reason we lost?
We were out hustled the whole game, how many offensive rebounds did we get? How many an ones, did ISU have, I remember Iowa getting at least 5. Iowa was 18/20 from the FT line, we were 4/7, 3 pointers Iowa 10/28, ISU 6/26.

They started out feeding Garza, and he was finishing, then when we collapsed on him, they hit from behind the arc. We were lazy the whole game, allowing Garza, to split double teams and give him a path to the basket.

We are a poor shooting three point team and we kept throwing them up, which allowed Iowa to get the rebound and take it down the floor and score.
If I were to put a list together of why Iowa won i think “they wanted it more” would be number 10. It’s just lazy commentary. I mean it’s true but there is so much more to why we got beat.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
If I were to put a list together of why Iowa won i think “they wanted it more” would be number 10. It’s just lazy commentary. I mean it’s true but there is so much more to why we got beat.

I hate hearing that after every loss but when Frankenstein is outrunning guards down the court it’s hard to argue with.

Reactions: ForbinsAscynt

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
We get a higher percentage of that exact tweet from CMC but he's gonna be an all=time great.

Different sports dude. Being even decent in football is always welcome...getting ****-canned multiple times in Hilton including to average teams is a rough look and is a trend.

BadBoi

Nov 25, 2015
GFY, BadDouche. Big ballplayer, eh? Right.
I mean.. I played in high school lol. I'm not sure why the crazies are attacking fellow fans for just being classy. Wish our team cared as much for the rivalry as our fans do. Tip your cap and move on to Big 12 play where it really begins to matter.

• Agree
Reactions: HoustonClone

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
It's going to be like this every year unless Prohm can develop some continuity. Haliburton is gone after this year so next years team is starting from scratch again. He either needs to start getting some results with these NBA players he's recruiting in the short time they are here or change his recruiting strategy to try to find 4 year players.

Iowa doesn't have as much raw talent as Iowa State but experience can overcome that in the days of one and dones.
Are people really suggesting Prohm be like "You know what, you're too good. We need someone who isn't NBA caliber." Never mind that NO ONE had Haliburton as any kind of NBA prospect in high school. Seriously people, this take is so stupid it hurts. Just drop it.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
In that moment, I agree with you. But after the season, I guarantee some of them were thinking, “how did we lose to those *******?”
You are probably right. Just like our football team. But that doesn't mean we come on here and start s*** can talking the coach and players just because for two hours in December we blew chow. You think Duke fans were calling coach K mid major trash because they lost to Stephen Frickin Austin.....at home!? We lose to Seton Hall......then beat them. Who is to say if we played Iowa next week we don't win? I understand....it's Iowa. So what. They are to us now in men's basketball where we were with them 20 years ago in football. Yes, we won 5 straight, but everyone knew who set the standard in the state. Let them have their win, they earned it. But let's lay off the coach and players just a bit. It's just one game.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Are people really suggesting Prohm be like "You know what, you're too good. We need someone who isn't NBA caliber." Never mind that NO ONE had Haliburton as any kind of NBA prospect in high school. Seriously people, this take is so stupid it hurts. Just drop it.

What's your suggestion then? Its year 5 and counting this years roster Prohm will have exactly 1 player who will have made a significant impact for 3 years or more in this program. You just can't win like that unless you are a blue blood.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
You are probably right. Just like our football team. But that doesn't mean we come on here and start s*** can talking the coach and players just because for two hours in December we blew chow. You think Duke fans were calling coach K mid major trash because they lost to Stephen Frickin Austin.....at home!? We lose to Seton Hall......then beat them. Who is to say if we played Iowa next week we don't win? I understand....it's Iowa. So what. They are to us now in men's basketball where we were with them 20 years ago in football. Yes, we won 5 straight, but everyone knew who set the standard in the state. Let them have their win, they earned it. But let's lay off the coach and players just a bit. It's just one game.
The thing is that his coaching incapabilities stretch past this year. I sat in the front row at Hilton the previous 3 years, and during that time, there was only ONE play he would yell in, and that was maybe once every 10 minutes. His in-game adjustments are horrible, and seems to never have the right personnel on the court. He has single-handily lost us many games with his coaching.

• Agree
Reactions: clone1990

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018

We are playing our in state rival, on our floor, and Garza is beating our guards down the floor. Call it whatever you want, lack of heart, effort, desire or whatever, it does not matter. Iowa is playing with confidence, like they want to be there, and we are the deer in the headlights.

Look, I really like Prohm as our coach, I think he is doing a good job, and I am sure he expected at least one of the guards from last year to be back this year. But the man has been given plenty of time to find bigs that can rebound and hold their own, and guards that can shoot the ball from 3.

Its time for him to put up and do something, or we need to start looking for another coach after next year.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
That's embarrassing.

Iowa still just owns us... we might as well admit it.

And then we have JP running around saying we're the "bear" now... not Iowa.

We've pretty much always have been a better MBB team than Iowa, no matter what the result of this game is every year, but I fear that's changing probably this year and next.

They were consistently better in the 80s and it was pretty even in the 90s.

But that was when they had a good coach. Not a good look for CSP (or anyone) to be getting housed by Fran consistently.