*** Official Iowa Vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
I actually enjoyed that game more than some of the wins.. I knew that crap lineups would continue because of prohms cluelessness and blind loyalty to transfer players and it was going to have to get bad before it got any better prohm playing Lewis made the game interesting for me. If they kept winning with those lineups the team would continue to be horrid. Maybe we make so progress now.. no I don’t buy that there isn’t a winning lineup on this roster. Now I’m hyped up for the changes next game.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I’m usually pretty optimistic but I’m just not sure how this team is going to win this year. And I’m not basing that on tonight, it’s been like that all non con. Bad offense, mediocre d, and mediocre rebounding is a tough combo to overcome.

I think we need to revisit the unrealistic expectations and call this a development year. We could really use some player continuity (and contributions - looking at you Zion and Terrance) across a few seasons.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
I'm in the camp that this team is going nowhere this year.
-every guard who is not named Haliburton is below average and better figure out how to shoot in the very near future, or we're going to be bad bad.
-Bolton is listed at 6'3", but I swear he's 5'10" max.
-Nixon can't shoot, and in my opinion is way to small to be an effective defender. This is a big miss in my opinion.
-Grill isn't good and if it's between him and Lewis, I pick Lewis. His D can't get worse.
-Jackson is a Freshman, but he's been underwhelming.
-Solo and Jacobson are middle of the road bigs in the B12, so I'm not expecting much.
-George needs more minutes, as I think he's going to be good.

However, I'm still in the Prohm can coach camp. Losing THT and Wigginton early are huge for this team in my opinion. Either one of them would've helped a ton. No excuse for missing on the guards (this years class was bad), but I think help is coming next year. ...unfortunately this year is going to suck and not sure who our PG will be next year.

Cyclone951

Nov 29, 2019
Prohm has brought in talent but who cares if we get the Wiggintons and they never win an NCAA game in an ISU uniform? Plus a lot of players seem to not like him.

• Creative
Reactions: HoustonClone

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Iowa just WANTS the game more, this is the second year in a row, where Iowa out hustled, and out played us. Our kids act like this is just another game, but the Iowa players come out like this is their championship, and lay it all on the line.

ISU was ripped for years, for putting all their eggs in beating Iowa, now we have coaches that look at the Iowa game as a tune up for the conference season. They have to understand how much this game means to the fan base. 5 in a row in football and 2 in a row in BB.

How about we get a little greedy and beat Iowa in both next year, and then use those wins as a spring board to record years.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I actually enjoyed that game more than some of the wins.. I knew that crap lineups would continue because of prohms cluelessness and blind loyalty to transfer players and it was going to have to get bad before it got any better prohm playing Lewis made the game interesting for me. If they kept winning with those lineups the team would continue to be horrid. Maybe we make so progress now.. no I don’t buy that there isn’t a winning lineup on this roster. Now I’m hyped up for the changes next game.

I thought Prohm was blindly loyal to upperclassmen? Seems he's spreading his loyalty too thin.

Cyclone951

Nov 29, 2019
Honestly...I still don’t understand why people keep calling Prohm a good coach. He rode the coattails of Billy Kennedy at Murray and Fred here. He has crushed Hilton Magic. You or I could’ve coached George’s senior year team to the Sweet 16. He hasn’t added anything but some good recruits who don’t win tourney games.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I can't lie - and this is probably my frustration talking and I'm sure I'll be better tomorrow - but this is as down on Prohm as I've been. How do you not have you guys up for this game, especially after what happened last year? There's just no excuse for it.

I will never stop laughing at Bohannon, and that is the thing that will keep me going until we someday beat Iowa again. He thinks - and obviously Iowa fans think, judging from my social media - he is this Niang-level sh it talker, he and his 17% shooting percentage and his fake medical redshirt. He's climbed his Everest, beating Iowa State in Ames, and there's nowhere for him to go from here. So, so pathetic.

Tonight just might be the peak of JorBo's basketball career, so I guess you just have to let him have his fun, laugh at him, and then he can go on his way and coach a high school team somewhere in the future.

I love how the commentators always said.... JorBo is a great COLLEGE basketball player. They never once said that he was just a great basketball player because they know college will be the highest level he reaches. Sure, he might get a little play overseas somewhere, but so do most college players.

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
I think we need to revisit the unrealistic expectations and call this a development year. We could really use some player continuity (and contributions - looking at you Zion and Terrance) across a few seasons.

i found it! A rational post. Thank you.