*** Official Iowa Vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Tonight was an absolute disgrace. This is the first cyclone basketball game I can remember where we literally never stood a chance at winning. What’s troubling is the players outside of Tyrese looked like they didn’t give a ****. Even more troubling is trying to figure out what on earth Prohm came up with for a game plan. Time and time again he has shown he’s unwilling to take players out while they play abysmally but doesn’t even give Conditt enough minutes every day.

Iowa talked a bunch of **** and then came in a beat the piss out of us. On our own court. When was the last time we beat them at anything? It’s been wayyyyyy too long. Hilton Magic hasn’t felt alive since Prohm took over.

Prohm is a great recruiter but damn he cannot coach at all.

Can you imagine what one of Niang's teams would have done to that guy tonight? Head on a platter.

• Funny
Reactions: criticalobserver

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
This team is an NIT team at best with a lottery pick playing point guard. That’s how bad everyone outside of Haliburton is. Disappointing

Kind of calls into question the talk about prohm being such a great recruiter and how the next class is going to save us when his recruits aren't really delivering reliably.

• Funny
Reactions: criticalobserver

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Honest assessment of the talent level of this team.....

Haliburton- stud. 1st round draft pick probably.
Bolton- average on offense, average on defense.
Nixon- good to great defender, below average offense.
Jacobson- works hard, but slightly below average player on both ends.
Young- see Jacobson.
Conditt- above average defender, average offensive player, but high ceiling.
Griffin - non factor on both ends.
Grill - has some talent and basketball IQ, but borderline Big 12 level player.
Jackson - I think he could be a good one.

So IMO, outside of Hali and Conditt right now, we don't really have anyone else that can do much for us. I think Grill and Jackson could eventually develop into something that can help us, but not right now.

And combine the overall lack of talent with little to no coaching.... and you get what you saw tonight. This Iowa team is not that good. They will struggle to get to the dance IMO, but they just outplayed us every way possible tonight.

What was even worse than the lack of coaching though IMO, was just the lack of effort. Iowa outhustled us all night long by a large margin. They blocked out to get rebounds, we didn't. They moved without the ball, we don't. It was just embarrassing.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
How goes the Airing of Long Held Grievances?

Did I get in before somebody complained about Prohm's chapstick or churchgoing?

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
The disappointing thing is that this team got up for a good Seton Hall team and executed well. I get they were coming off a loss to them just recently so they might have had revenge on their mind, but its troubling if you can't get up for an instate rival that was chirping all week.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines

Young- see Jacobson.

So IMO, outside of Hali and Conditt right now, we don't really have anyone else that can do much for us. I think Grill and Jackson could eventually develop into something that can help us, but not right now.

And combine the overall lack of talent with little to no coaching.... and you get what you saw tonight. This Iowa team is not that good. They will struggle to get to the dance IMO, but they just outplayed us every way possible tonight.

What was even worse than the lack of coaching though IMO, was just the lack of effort. Iowa outhustled us all night long by a large margin. They blocked out to get rebounds, we didn't. They moved without the ball, we don't. It was just embarrassing.
Fran could get this team to play better.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
I can't lie - and this is probably my frustration talking and I'm sure I'll be better tomorrow - but this is as down on Prohm as I've been. How do you not have you guys up for this game, especially after what happened last year? There's just no excuse for it.

I will never stop laughing at Bohannon, and that is the thing that will keep me going until we someday beat Iowa again. He thinks - and obviously Iowa fans think, judging from my social media - he is this Niang-level sh it talker, he and his 17% shooting percentage and his fake medical redshirt. He's climbed his Everest, beating Iowa State in Ames, and there's nowhere for him to go from here. So, so pathetic.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010

Young- see Jacobson.

Spot on. And the discouraging part is, Hali wont be here next year.